Piece of white trash here.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Piece of white trash here..

(O0o*o0O)
02-04-2011, 11:02 AM
At least not white van.
Hello audioreview, members, guests,
I've been using this site for years for reference, ideas, help, and to stay in the know. I work in audio electronics and I'm an avid buyer, seller, trader. Also an admitted audiophile freak who is into budget building and DIY's.

My current project is bi-amping my front channel speakers, building the crossovers and getting some matching bi-wire. Also looking into cable/wire management that hopefully will be picture perfect.

I'm into vintage all the way up to state-of-the-art high dollar. You may also bust my systems balls, because god knows I'm going to be busting yours. Price is the kicker and below is what I currently have along with a few other components that aren't set in stone. Everything listed set me back 776 dollars.

I really enjoy seeing everyone's creations in here. I hope to have some pictures up soon of stuff I have and stuff I come in contact with.

Thanks for your time:cornut:

atomicAdam
02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
At least not white van.

http://punditonline.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/free-candy-truck-1.jpg

Happy Camper
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Watch out for these fargin corksuckers, they'll have your house payment spent and scheming the next upgrade. Welcome and enjoy.

(O0o*o0O)
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I bought a system from a kid who was getting married or some BS. He sold me his Sony theater receiver, an Infinity 10"subwoofer, center, bookshelf pair, and some Paradyme's..

I really thought I found a pair even on first contact. THe kid removed the grills revealing these wicked 4-way baffles. Then I picked them up! It felt like I was going to crush them like a Pepsi can. For 250 dollars I made out pretty well and I found the knock offs to be enjoyable. In-fact I used them as rears till I bought the Klipsch speakers I'm using.

The cabinets were cardboard. They were bi-ampable, but the terminals were cheap. All the drivers were wall made with nice materials and rubber surrounds. The crossovers were true 4-ways directing a tweeter, mid, and two lows. But they were cheaply made as far as materials and craftsmen ship.

I have some pictures and some notes on them on another computer. I also have a list I posted on craigslist that you may have seen. It got around like harpies.

dean_martin
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
welcome! I fight white trash tendencies all the time. It's my environment. Ever stroll through an appliance garden?

(O0o*o0O)
02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I should get a shirt.

No, but my grandmothers house has everything but a bathtub and the mother Mary in her yard.