Jeff Tweedy solo...do I want to see this? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Tweedy solo...do I want to see this?

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I just found out that Jeff Tweedy is doing a solo show in town in March. Has anyone seen him solo? Is this something that I should go to? Or should I hold out for the next Wilco tour? I've never seen Wilco live (they sell out so fast), does Tweedy do Wilco material on his own.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning for a very small venue, please respond post-haste.

Thanks.

Edit: Tickets are $52 each after charges. Is he worth it?

Swish
02-04-2011, 06:36 AM
The man is a genius, plain and simple.

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I gave up. For the $100 price tag I thought I'll go but only if I can get good seats. I was on ticketmaster refreshing my screen a minute before 10:00, so I was right there when tickets went on sale. The best and only seats that ever came up for me were rear balcony. I tried for 20 minutes and that's all I ever got. So I'm not going. I'll wait for Wilco's return and try again then.

dean_martin
02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
It just so happens that tickets went on sale this morning for Wilco's May 3 show in Mobile, AL - at the Saenger, one of my favorite venues AND my precious wife scored a pair!!!!!!

I'm going to see Wilco, I'm going to see Wilco.

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
It just so happens that tickets went on sale this morning for Wilco's May 3 show in Mobile, AL - at the Saenger, one of my favorite venues AND my precious wife scored a pair!!!!!!

I'm going to see Wilco, I'm going to see Wilco.

So if your wife takes me, what are you going to do that night?

dean_martin
02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
So if your wife takes me, what are you going to do that night?

Oh, crap. That's a long time not to f*ck up.