Awful Movie Alert!! Starting in 15 minutes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Awful Movie Alert!! Starting in 15 minutes

Robert-The-Rambler
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
The SyFy original motion picture Mega Python vs Gatoroid starring Debbie Gibson and Tiffany is on at 9:00pm at least on Cablevision. Don't know if this is nationwide or whatever but a movie starring two hot 80s babes in one ridiculous premise of a movie is just what I need to see after a one for the ages awful snowy winter in New York. I feel like I'm bobsledding whenever I drive though the tunnels of awesomely high snow drifts. This morning I busted my ass sliding down my porch on ice. Shaken and not stirred I still went to work with my hands still bleeding.

This could be a classic in the so bad its really bad genre. In case you are wondering who I'm going on about here is something to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826PTEuHKhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ms3mJFkSeg

LOLLOLLOL

I really do like the music, too.

LOLOLOL

Worf101
01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
But too late!!!!! I got sucked into this black hole of suckiness and couldnt' get out!!!! LOL it was pretty funny though. It was so bad it was almost good!!!! Lots of people got et up real good!!!! And absolutely the worst CGI in the history of mankind. Set movies back 100 years.

LOL.

Thanks..

Worf.

Robert-The-Rambler
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
But too late!!!!! I got sucked into this black hole of suckiness and couldnt' get out!!!! LOL it was pretty funny though. It was so bad it was almost good!!!! Lots of people got et up real good!!!! And absolutely the worst CGI in the history of mankind. Set movies back 100 years.

LOL.

Thanks..

Worf.

Somehow I wound up very distracted by Tiffany's breasts...

I was also sad to see her fate but Debbie Gibson was so annoying in both the movie and the "hosting" of the movie that I welcomed her fate.

Worf101
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Somehow I wound up very distracted by Tiffany's breasts...

I was also sad to see her fate but Debbie Gibson was so annoying in both the movie and the "hosting" of the movie that I welcomed her fate.
LOL!!!! You had to reach to find SOME redeeming value in this pic!!!!! I'm dying here... stop it before I hurt myself!!!

Worf

3LB
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I didn't watch this. I've seen a few of the others though, like Sharktopus and Dinocrock -vs- Supergator as well as a few others. CGI so bad it may as well be dudes in rubber suits, just like the good ol days of Japanese cinema. Acting so bad they might very well be using cue cards instead of memorizing scripts. Its a joke that's got old a couple of years ago.

Woochifer
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Tuned in just in time to see the big girlfight (unless there were others that I missed), but I missed the cheesy CGI monster battle. Didn't realize how much Tiffany has grown out ... errr ... up! :cool:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110201/Mega-Python-vs-Gatoroid_320.jpg

I didn't watch this. I've seen a few of the others though, like Sharktopus and Dinocrock -vs- Supergator as well as a few others. CGI so bad it may as well be dudes in rubber suits, just like the good ol days of Japanese cinema. Acting so bad they might very well be using cue cards instead of memorizing scripts. Its a joke that's got old a couple of years ago.

Blame Roger Corman. The B-movie king has been brought back to produce some of these pics. Even he is surprised at the huge ratings these movies have brought in, but I think it's simply meeting pent up demand.

Face it, cinema in recent years has gotten too serious for its own good. Even the most horribly written and cynical garbage coming out of the major studios still has big budgets and a glossy production behind it. You really don't see much in the way of true B-movies anymore, and obviously SyFy has found an audience for this kind of schlock.

I read that they budget less than $2 million on average for these movies, which is less than what it costs to produce a typical hour-long scripted TV drama. Grindhouses and b-movie theaters have largely disappeared, so cable outlets like SyFy are really the last refuge for this kind of low budget low brow film making.

dean_martin
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Blame Roger Corman. The B-movie king has been brought back to produce some of these pics. Even he is surprised at the huge ratings these movies have brought in, but I think it's simply meeting pent up demand.

Face it, cinema in recent years has gotten too serious for its own good. Even the most horribly written and cynical garbage coming out of the major studios still has big budgets and a glossy production behind it. You really don't see much in the way of true B-movies anymore, and obviously SyFy has found an audience for this kind of schlock.

I read that they budget less than $2 million on average for these movies, which is less than what it costs to produce a typical hour-long scripted TV drama. Grindhouses and b-movie theaters have largely disappeared, so cable outlets like SyFy are really the last refuge for this kind of low budget low brow film making.

First and foremost - Tiffany and Debbie Gibson in the same movie (and wet to boot) has to attract both guys and gals who were in middle/high school in the 80s (like me). I'm intrigued. Will have to catch a replay on a slow night.

Secondly, we need guerrilla filmmakers and seasonal drive-ins. I watched Carnival of Souls around 2:00am Sunday morning. Terrible print from a $6 gas station Elvira box set. What a blast!

Woochifer
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
First and foremost - Tiffany and Debbie Gibson in the same movie (and wet to boot) has to attract both guys and gals who were in middle/high school in the 80s (like me). I'm intrigued. Will have to catch a replay on a slow night.

Secondly, we need guerrilla filmmakers and seasonal drive-ins. I watched Carnival of Souls around 2:00am Sunday morning. Terrible print from a $6 gas station Elvira box set. What a blast!

Yeah, I hear ya. So much of low budget cinema is aimed at the art house crowd, and those theaters aren't going to book the kind of low brow stuff that guys like Roger Corman used to crank out.

I noticed that the late night creepfest movies have returned to one of my local channels. And Elvira's Movie Macabre (the show that launched her career) is back in syndication as well.

bobsticks
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
This thread makes me want to watch an Andy Sidaris film...

Robert-The-Rambler
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Tuned in just in time to see the big girlfight (unless there were others that I missed), but I missed the cheesy CGI monster battle. Didn't realize how much Tiffany has grown out ... errr ... up! :cool:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110201/Mega-Python-vs-Gatoroid_320.jpg

I love B movies!!!!!

Beautiful Babes
Bountiful Boobs
Bouncing Booties
Bad Plots
Bad Acting
Bad Special Effects

One hell of a good time!!!!!