Vintage Dream Come True [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Dream Come True

vintageoldschool
01-29-2011, 02:23 PM
I just joined and was considering a choice of speakers, settling on Klipsch 8.5's to go with KLH 900B's 's and a Nikko NR 715 receiver. I blew a Dennon receiver, but besides the variable loudness, I like the Nikko better as it is just pure clean power. I paid $19.98 ($20/shipping) for the Nikko, $50w/shipping for the KLH''s.& $76(w/$95shipping) for the Klipsch 8.5's and a cheap Phillips CD player. The Klipsch's arrived in boxes that stood up to my chest and I'm 6'2". The 8.5's are awesome.The KLH's & the Klipschs perfectly complement each other and produce a wall of sound throughout the entire audio spectrum. I am forced to go vintage to find the kind of deals I need, but with sound like this, who cares ? Unbelievably spectacular and my "vintage" dream come true. All My Best

Mr Peabody
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome to AR. Are you using both sets of speakers at once?

vintageoldschool
01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
No 5.1 or anything. Just both pairs of speakers in stereo as I've always loved that kind of setup. It sounds amazing.

markw
01-30-2011, 03:48 AM
That's most likely why the Denon blew. Can you say "impedance swings"? Maybe you'll get luckier with the Nikko.

vintageoldschool
01-30-2011, 04:18 AM
I was using Yamaha speakers instead of the Klipsch at the time. The Denon blew because of my carelessness as I was messing with a loose speaker wire while it was on and poof. Pretty stupid actually. The Klipsch were brought in as I was never satisfied with the Yamaha's which were totally overshadowed by the KLH's.