Bailter Space? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bailter Space?

Slosh
01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I have Vortura but haven't listened to it much .....until a few songs came up while shuffling my entire library. Now it is growing on me. My local indie-record store has Tanker and Solar.3. Just wondering if their style changed much album to album?

Davey
01-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Didn't you ever get the Bailter Space comp from our old buddy Cornelius... http://members.mailaka.net/davey/comp4trade.htm#cc

Listening to the recent Lilium Felt and it's pretty nice. Kind of minimalist, with both jazz and classical leanings like the last one Short Stories from a few years ago. Great musicians, sometimes surprising to remember that these guys were the rhythm and much of the power behind Sixteen Horsepower :)

Slosh
01-27-2011, 09:13 AM
No, I missed out on that one somehow.

Stone
01-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Tanker is great.

Rae
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Bailter Space was awesome. Cornelius was personal friends with the band and I think had some involvement with the label that put out some of their stuff stateside. His own band, Sunday Puncher, owed a little debt to them and had two records, The Livid Eye and For Your Everchanging World, that are well worth owning. But yeah, Bailter Space-- Tanker for sure. I also have some of their 7"s from right after that and they're pretty good; I don't know if they were ever anthologized. If you like Vortura, the thing that I held on to from that era was the B.E.I.P. EP, which has a slightly different version of the song "X" from Vortura and three other tracks. Looks like that one's on Amazon in Like New condition for 40¢ plus shipping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000036S2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1296159476&sr=8-1&condition=used).

~Rae

Slosh
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Tanker is great.Yeah it is. Okay, so I've only listened to it twice so far but it left a good impression. My CD is a reissue that also includes their 6-song debut EP (apparently) Nelsh from 1987. That's really good too except the song "Separate Circles" seems kinda out of place with all of the other songs. Grabbed Solar.3 while I was at it but haven't got around to spinning it yet.