Celebrity Audiophiles? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Audiophiles?

jrhymeammo
01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I was looking at some Krell amps and Mike Piazza came to my mind.
He used to pose for Krell about 15 years ago. About a month later, I went to the Circuit City and picked up a JVC HT Receiver, and grabbed a pair of Paradigm Atom and CC-70 from a local hifi shop. Do I owe Mike Piazza for my current love and illness?

Anyhow, I searched for Celebrity Audiophiles on Google, and it seems Fabio is an afracionado. Are there other celebrity audiophiles that you know of?

Have a great weekend,
JRA

basite
01-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I know Jack Nicholson is a dedicated Mcintosh fan... even in the movies he plays in, there is Mc gear at some times, and connected & setup for use too...

02audionoob
01-23-2011, 10:46 AM
How about Dmitry Medvedev...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_evq-uFVSAyk/TKtLTiwvmZI/AAAAAAAANtM/mL9EEkYUJWE/s1600/1286263636_tn.jpg

jrhymeammo
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
How crap, that's some massive AVID combo. Is that a Naim CD player or something more exotic I don't know about.

02audionoob
01-23-2011, 11:27 AM
I just assumed it was a Naim. I've never seen another pull-out drawer like that.

RoyY51
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't know if it's Hugh Laurie or the producers of "House", but there is a Sota turntable in the background of his office shots, and he is occasionally shown spinning vinyl. I know that Mr. Laurie also plays piano and guitar, so is theoretically capable of recognizing good sound and good equipment when he hears it.

I'd be curious to know if it's Hugh, the producer or maybe the set dresser with the discerning ear.

02audionoob
01-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Paul Shaffer's setup...

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/files/imagecache/savm_article_main_photo/_images/62200818220.jpg

RGA
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Paul Shaffer is sooo annoying on every possible front. Craig Ferguson's robot Geoffrey Peterson is a far more likable sidekick who has more personality. But then Craig's show is miles better as well - but that's me.

hifitommy
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
paul schaffer is one of the very best bandleaders to be on a tv show. if he rubs your fur the wrong way, just listen to his band. awesome is an appropriate descriptor. they can play ANYTHING. were i a vocalist or lead instrument player looking for the stepladder to notoriety or fame, he would be my choice with his band for the boost.

i particularly like his personality and dry humor. he was featured in our favorite high end audio magazine-sound and vision (uuuuhhh, not really) showcasing his love of vinyl and it was actually kind of interesting (much as too few of their articles are).

too bad he gets under your skin.

Hairsonfire
01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I was looking at some Krell amps and Mike Piazza came to my mind.
He used to pose for Krell about 15 years ago. About a month later, I went to the Circuit City and picked up a JVC HT Receiver, and grabbed a pair of Paradigm Atom and CC-70 from a local hifi shop. Do I owe Mike Piazza for my current love and illness?

Anyhow, I searched for Celebrity Audiophiles on Google, and it seems Fabio is an afracionado. Are there other celebrity audiophiles that you know of?

Have a great weekend,
JRA

I read on Wikipedia that Clint Eastwood is a self described Audiophile. Not sure what equipment he favors though. I remember in "In the Line of Fire" where he comes home and plays "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis but you can't make out what kind of equipment he is listening to.

basite
01-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I read on Wikipedia that Clint Eastwood is a self described Audiophile. Not sure what equipment he favors though. I remember in "In the Line of Fire" where he comes home and plays "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis but you can't make out what kind of equipment he is listening to.

He's using a Rockport tuntable, that I know as a fact, no details on the rest of his system though...

but supposedly, with such a tt, it's not hard to imagine the rest is on an equal level too :D

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Poultrygeist
01-25-2011, 05:49 PM
My relative has a pair of Meridians that belonged to Emmitt Smith. Next time I'm over I'll snap some pics and post them.

http://hifibest.com/?p=302

I like my Zu's better.

hifitommy
01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
my old dynaco a25s set in the livinig room of mrs mikker fron the ed sullivan show. you gotta be reeeel old to remember her.