Decisions Decisions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions

hrbballman
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
OK!! Earlier this week I posted a thread about powered speakers and i've decided on what i'd do there but my brother recently offered me a pair of JBL's he has that retailed for 500-600. I play most of my music off of my computer or zune(atleast its uncompressed). So which should i do....Get the Powered stuff(Audiophile Fubar II DAC to JBL LSR2310SP studio subwoofer then run XLR cable to each Swan T200b Powered monitor) or wait until he can bring me the speakers and get the same DAC and a 700-1000 dollar Integrated amp? Keep in mind i barely ever listen to my records or cds....i, for the most part, only use my computer. SORRY this is so long....BTW if you go with the integrated amp option suggest one as well! thanks for the help!!!

basite
01-23-2011, 01:32 AM
which JBL's are we speaking about?

Welcome to AR, btw :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

hrbballman
01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
forget the monitors and the sub...i'm going with the right choice(an actual stereo system)!! My brother offered me JBL j2060's or a pair of old ADS. which should i go for? I've found some local hardware for sale. Nad C162 preamp and nad c272 amplifier and nad cd player C542. he's offering a tuner but i really dont want it...Any ideas on what i should offer for it? I was gonna offer 800 for the lot but i dont actually know what its worth. Thanks for your input.

hrbballman
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
anyone?

basite
01-24-2011, 07:13 AM
I'd go for the pair of ADS's :)

well, the NAD stack retailed for about, 700 for the amp, 600 for the pre and 400 for the cdp, don't remember the exact prices, but they're around there somewhere.

800 seems a reasonable offer :)

Go for it i'd say!

Keep them spinning,
Bert.