Hello [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Smokey428
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi, to the AV community. I am new to this forum, but not AV equipment. I am interested in learning more about high-end audio.
Being a former New York, DJ during the Disco days, I am now looking to transition from vinyl to all digital. I am currently using Virtual DJ for music compilations, but will be setting up a studio soon. I look forward to all great advise and information available on this forum.

dakatabg
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey Smokey428, welcome here, it is a good place to learn slowly new things! Stick around and you will see!

JoeE SP9
01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Welcome to AR Smokey428. Many of us have vinyl and digital media. If you're getting rid of your vinyl some of the members may be interested in what you're discarding. Include me in that group.

phileserver39
01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey Smoke,

You are in great company. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I too was new to AR a year ago but it took all of 20 minutes of my first post to realize I was in the right place. The moderators don't take no BS so you don't have to worry about some Jack-Leg acting like an ass and ruining the experience for everybody else.

I also have a little home studio so if you have any questions about the "pro" end of things I am always available for anything.

rock on,

Jason

Happy Camper
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Rip your vinyl to wav (or similar) for better sq than cd. It will be a patience of love ripping all that vinyl. :crazy:

As for jacklegs, we'll try........:smilewinkgrin: