"They took his JOB!" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "They took his JOB!"

Smokey
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
If you watch South Park regularly, you know where that phrase come from :D

In one of the episode, the boys form a wrestling federation name W.T.F. (Wrestling Takedown Federation) in the back yard and attract alot of red neck audience including Jeff Foxworthy.

Any time one of the boys tell their sad life story in the ring which also include losing their job, few people in the audience (starting with Jeff) repeat the phrase "They took his JOB!" in a hilarious southern way untill the last guy start sounding like rooster.

Or if life story include a dog, the same audience scenario start with the phrase "They took his DOG!"

Very funny.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_13/sp_1310_clip03.jpg

dean_martin
01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
It was also used in the episode in which people from the future came back through a portal near South Park. Pretty funny stuff. The future people started taking all the jobs for pennies on the dollar and the men of South Park decided to no longer procreate with their women so there would be no one in the future to come back.

Worf101
01-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I don't see this show as often as I used to BUT I must say that I love this show when I do see it. I like that they still take no prisoners, that no one (not even the late Isaac Hayes, god rest his soul) is immune or exempt from their attack. We need more like them.

Worf

Smokey
01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
It was also used in the episode in which people from the future came back through a portal near South Park. Pretty funny stuff.

Thanks for recommendation.

I downloaded that espisode last night (for free :D) since haven't seen it and it is hilarious how they use that phrase in this episode. I like the part where they are in a town hall meeting about what to do about aliens. Everybody is quite untill somebody said that aliens took his job, and whole audience explode with the phrase "They took his JOB" http://67.227.181.206/smilies/plusgsmbrasil_b3caf1f41d29823ee8f4312321345f15.gif

And Worf, wished they would have kept Chef on the show albiet Isaac Hays departure. He was the only sane charactor in the show.

bobsticks
02-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Just in case anyone is curious...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

atomicAdam
02-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I kind of think South Park was funnier when they stuck to fart and poop jokes. Now their shows seem too contrived and preachy. Kind of like George Carlin after seven dirty words. I just don't get as many good chuckles or belly laughs from it anymore.

bobsticks
02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
I kind of think South Park was funnier when they stuck to fart and poop jokes. Now their shows seem too contrived and preachy. Kind of like George Carlin after seven dirty words. I just don't get as many good chuckles or belly laughs from it anymore.

I can understand your sentiment but I still get a chuckle from the show now and then...besides the left needs a few fire-and-brimstone pundits. It's the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Thank god Family Guy has picked up the mantle of low brow humor and worn it gracefully and gladly.

atomicAdam
02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I can understand your sentiment but I still get a chuckle from the show now and then...besides the left needs a few fire-and-brimstone pundits. It's the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Thank god Family Guy has picked up the mantle of low brow humor and worn it gracefully and gladly.

Is SP a liberally biased show? I thought they took aim at everyone?

And generally speaking I like the overall ideas of the episodes (I've not seen some in a while though not having a television on cable so I only watch what is online) but the execution of jokes just don't make me laugh as much as "Mah Pot Pie!" or Kenny's explosive ass. The timing and set up for those was just being thought out - even though the story line wasn't.

And yes, thank god for Family Guy - but American Dad is pretty funny as well. Been watching the old episodes (new to me) on Netflix streaming.

bobsticks
02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
And yes, thank god for Family Guy - but American Dad is pretty funny as well. Been watching the old episodes (new to me) on Netflix streaming.

Nice. I'm still catching up with Family Guy via reruns and online. I'd had a friend recommend the series and I purchased the first few seasons on disc leading to a general boycott of what, at the ime, was an unfunny show. My perception is that sometime in the third season the creative team (thankfully) moved the program in a different direction.

dean_martin
02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Just the idea of the SP Jersey takeover was hilarious even if the execution was a little off.

Family Guy . . . what can I say? On the first road trip my wife and I took with her new fangled fancy phone she pulled up "Ding, Fries Are Done" and then "The 4 Peters". I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard.

Would you like an apple pie wit da-hat?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fBgHTJOsi6c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zo8I9Xy6Y88?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3LB
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
love the Family Guy, though its been slippin lately. Never got into American Dad and they're not even trying w/ The Cleveland Show.

I don't see South Park that often, but think they're still fresh. I love the election spoof they did a couple of years ago. Red Sleigh Down is an all-time classic.