65$ LG BLU RAY PLUS 250$ oNKYO equal CHEAP but good [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 65$ LG BLU RAY PLUS 250$ oNKYO equal CHEAP but good

pixelthis
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Hooking up my friends new receiver (Onkyo 508) which he got for 250 bucks from
Crutchfield, found we couldn't get his year old Samsung to work, so its off to
WALMART, where we found an LG half chassis for 65 bucks, unbelievable steal.
And after getting a hundred for his old receiver thats about 220 for new HT stuff. An
amazing deal.
And this gear is nice for the price. The Onkyo has a serious learning remote, only thing
it wouldn't work on was the U-VERSE box. And the 508, while nothing fancy(repeater HDMI
switching, 48khz dacs)_the 508 is decent for the non-serious HT enthusiast with a
modest room size. Very light weight both literally and figuratively , its a great starter
receiver to recommend. Can't believe the great remote.
Meanwhile the LG BLU ray had an excellent picture and sound. My buddy is very
lucky at finding deals like this. No more Samsung after the meltdown.:1:

winston
01-09-2011, 12:33 PM
hi pix, that's a nice little budget rig! "I don't know if you knew this,
but you could have saved your buddy at leased $50 bucks after shipping "if you had gotten a factory refurbish from A4less

www.accessories4less.com next time surf over there and check them out and save on anything Onkyo, :idea:

pixelthis
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
hi pix, that's a nice little budget rig! "I don't know if you knew this,
but you could have saved your buddy at leased $50 bucks after shipping "if you had gotten a factory refurbish from A4less

www.accessories4less.com next time surf over there and check them out and save on anything Onkyo, :idea:

EVER heard the expression "penny wise and pound foolish"?
My friend got a 500$ list receiver for 250 bucks, BRAND NEW. Do you really think
that its worth 50 bucks to risk refurb? Really? With Auddessy, HDMI switching,
the new codecs, 7.1 channels+ high channels, etc? NOT TO MENTION
adequate sound for a receiver in this price range. My friend is not squeamish about
refurb(although I am), having had several refurb units in the past, but this wasn't a case of shopping around, just seeing a steal and going for it. HARD to beat this deal, so why not go for it? Connected to his Klipsch speakers, its a pretty nice system. And try to find a BLU player for 65 $, especially a name brand like LG.:1: