how to set monitor 11'S [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to set monitor 11'S

oakley#36
04-10-2004, 01:20 PM
I have paradigm monitor 11's bi-amped w/ pioneer elite vsx-55txi receiver & elite M-10 stereo power amp. My question is this: should I have my speaker setting for mains to large or small? I left out the fact that my subwoofer is a paradigm pw2200. please help! Thanks in advance, dave

cam
04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
I have paradigm monitor 11's bi-amped w/ pioneer elite vsx-55txi receiver & elite M-10 stereo power amp. My question is this: should I have my speaker setting for mains to large or small? I left out the fact that my subwoofer is a paradigm pw2200. please help! Thanks in advance, dave
For the best overall sound, set to small with a crossover some where around 80 hz. Your mon 11's will perform cleaner and louder, your receiver will have more power to spare since they will not have to power the ultra lows which uses alot of power. If your receiver has a crossover point of 60 hz that might sound the best, 80 will be good, if you have say a yammy with a fixed 90 hz crossover point that will be fine too. A 100 hz may also be fine. I also have the pw2200 with the mon 7's and I crossover at 80hz. Setting to small means big sound.

oakley#36
04-11-2004, 09:53 AM
For the best overall sound, set to small with a crossover some where around 80 hz. Your mon 11's will perform cleaner and louder, your receiver will have more power to spare since they will not have to power the ultra lows which uses alot of power. If your receiver has a crossover point of 60 hz that might sound the best, 80 will be good, if you have say a yammy with a fixed 90 hz crossover point that will be fine too. A 100 hz may also be fine. I also have the pw2200 with the mon 7's and I crossover at 80hz. Setting to small means big sound.
Thank you Cam, once again you have helped me out. Thanks, Oakley36