New to the forum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

bradinoc
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi all! I'm new here, just looking for some guidance on selling some speakers.

I have 4 Marantz HD 880 floor standing speakers. I am trying to sell a pair or maybe all 4. I have no idea what they are worth or what i should be selling them for. All speakers work and have minor cosmetic flaws and are missing the covers. Someone let me know a good place to try to sell these and how much i should be asking for them.

GregLee
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
A google search found these comments about price:

"... they pop up on ebay from time to time and go for between $400 and $850 a pair."

"Cost around $800 in 1977"

Mr Peabody
12-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forums. First I'd try to sell them on Craigslist, it's free and local pick up. Then there is always Audiogon or Ebay but you will most likely have shipping to deal with.

(O0o*o0O)
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Rarely do I ever see these come with grills, but the speakers do make for some serious theater front channels. Craigslist is always the best way to go if your looking for top dollar. Around these parts I'd say a nice pair minus grills with no other major issues, $200. If you know what you have and can sell it.
Check that all the speakers work and the surrounds on the woofers are strong. Clean them! Have good pictures and have them ready for show when someone comes to see and "hear" them. Your probably looking at an easy $100 to $125 if you can at least do all that and the drivers all work. Buyers for every make of speaker are out there; you just have to wait for them.:dita:

Sony STR-DA50ES Receiver
Sony TA-N77ES Amplifier(mod)
Sony CDP-C77ES CD Changer
Sony RM-TP501 Remote
Cerwin Vega LS6C Center Channel
Cerwin Vega LS-12 Front Channels(mod)
Cerwin Vega AT-15 Front Channels
Cerwin Vega HT-S15 Subwoofer
Klipsch SF2 Rear Channels