Small surround speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Small surround speakers

cyto
12-24-2010, 06:28 AM
I am using 2 old Sony cubes (5"T x 3"W x 4"D) for surrounds that I really don't like. I would like to replace them but the replacements cannot be much larger than them due to the wife acceptance factor. I wanted to use two more P152's but she said no way they are too large.

Any recommendations for replacing them with something small but with better sound?

recoveryone
12-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I am using 2 old Sony cubes (5"T x 3"W x 4"D) for surrounds that I really don't like. I would like to replace them but the replacements cannot be much larger than them due to the wife acceptance factor. I wanted to use two more P152's but she said no way they are too large.

Any recommendations for replacing them with something small but with better sound?

tall order to fill with those size limits, I would for something with dememsions of 6-8"T x 5-6"W x 4"D. most important is to make sure the specs match (SPL). With size I gave you can find surrounds that will have 5" woofer and at least a 1" tweeter.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Damn am I glad I am not married, and when I was, I am glad that I had the wife I had. Your wife is not leaving you much room here, and that is very unfortunate. This speaker is pretty near your ideal size, and from the same manufacturers as your fronts. I am not sure how well they will blend with your current speakers, but I am not sure you have many choices based on the limitations you have.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065CS23B/Boston-Acoustics-CS-23-Black.html?tp=186

Hope this helps you out.

recoveryone
12-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Good find TT, minus the small woofer it would be a prefect fit.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Good find TT, minus the small woofer it would be a prefect fit.

Yeah the woofer is quite small, but I am not sure you are going to find anything much larger based on the OP's limitations. Once you get to 5", the cabinet is too big to pass WAF.

mcbr1
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM

How about some Monitor Audio Radius 45s or 90s?

http://saturdayaudio.com/picturepages/radius_closeout.htm#r45

(O0o*o0O)
02-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm confused. Is this system in the kitchen?