T.H.E. Show poll! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : T.H.E. Show poll!

RoyY51
12-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I posted this question on a different forum and I got the impression that it might be one of the Roads Less Traveled...thought I would try again on a more popular forum.

I am very much looking forward to attending the T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, CA, this June. It will be my first industry show and I am especially looking forward to meeting some of my AR brethren.

So...who's planning on going?

Jimmy C
12-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I posted this question on a different forum and I got the impression that it might be one of the Roads Less Traveled...thought I would try again on a more popular forum.

I am very much looking forward to attending the T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, CA, this June. It will be my first industry show and I am especially looking forward to meeting some of my AR brethren.

So...who's planning on going?

...this year. Those are my free vacations - her company pays for everything except my plane ride! They're nice enough to invite me to dinner every night, and pin everything @ the bar to the room... sweet! Rent-a-car too. It's a Japanese company, so lots of good sushi...

It's either Disney convention (Anaheim), Disney FL, or Vegas. Even if it's Vegas, I'll drive - did it before.

I'm very curious about these shows - almost made it to one in New York City (I live on Long Island), but my friend's Ford broke down :*(

hifitommy
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
i will be there. i went to all the stereophile shows from the first in santa monica through then ones on century blvd near the airport and the last one as well.

having T.H.E. show here in newport beach is just great for me. whereas i havent gone to the rocky mtn show, it could entice me. its a bit far to drive, i dont even go to the CES although i did go to the first one in vegas in jan '78.

i will be willing to bet that most of the members of the LA/OC Audio Society (of which i am a member) (http://www.laocaudiosociety.net/) will attend. i am pretty sure that fritz of fritzspeakers will be there, perhaps exhibiting.

RoyY51
12-28-2010, 06:50 PM
i will be there. i went to all the stereophile shows from the first in santa monica through then ones on century blvd near the airport and the last one as well.

having T.H.E. show here in newport beach is just great for me. whereas i havent gone to the rocky mtn show, it could entice me. its a bit far to drive, i dont even go to the CES although i did go to the first one in vegas in jan '78.

i will be willing to bet that most of the members of the LA/OC Audio Society (of which i am a member) (http://www.laocaudiosociety.net/) will attend. i am pretty sure that fritz of fritzspeakers will be there, perhaps exhibiting.

Tommy:

I will be looking for you there, but I don't know that I will recognize you without the glasses.

Could you wear a pink carnation in your left lapel?

harley .guy07
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Really wish I could go but I doubt it will happen this year at least since trying to set up time off at school and my girlfriends work will probably not work well. But having a report on what you guys saw and more importantly heard would be really cool.

filecat13
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Er, where's the poll? :confused:

Anyway, I live near Long Beach, so THE is on the calendar.

recoveryone
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Can you post a hard date and I will see if I have some time to spare to go

Geoffcin
01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I want to hear more about the new Magnepan 3.7!

atomicAdam
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I want to hear more about the new Magnepan 3.7!

i heard the 3.7 yesterday. they sound very good.

detialed and dynamic. open on the high end and solid on the low end. drums sound like u hear more if the skin than with any other speaker ive ever heard. not sure how they would would deal with low end resonance from thibgs like japanese drumming.

wind instruments were very real. so were hand clspping. image was huge, but i didnt hsve center seat, so i couldnt tell how spot on the stage was.

anyways, for $5.5k i think they hold their own against many i heard of much higher price.

Geoffcin
01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
i heard the 3.7 yesterday. they sound very good.

detialed and dynamic. open on the high end and solid on the low end. drums sound like u hear more if the skin than with any other speaker ive ever heard. not sure how they would would deal with low end resonance from thibgs like japanese drumming.

wind instruments were very real. so were hand clspping. image was huge, but i didnt hsve center seat, so i couldnt tell how spot on the stage was.

anyways, for $5.5k i think they hold their own against many i heard of much higher price.

Oh yeah! That's what I'm looking to hear. Looks like there's going to be a lot of 3.6's hitting the marketplace soon, possibly even mine!