jy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : jy

james yancy
04-10-2004, 02:18 AM
why is there two channels on some reciever for subwoofers. I am on a course and my teacher does not have the answer

uncooked
04-10-2004, 10:07 AM
2 outputs? i guess thats what you mean

most subs have a left and right low level input. so ones for the left ones for the right.

or you can run the left into a sub and put it to the left of the room, and use another sub and run the right output into it and place it to the right of the room, so you get really precise bass. if a car blows up to the right, the sub on the right will take it etc.....

mtrycraft
04-10-2004, 02:30 PM
why is there two channels on some reciever for subwoofers. I am on a course and my teacher does not have the answer

It is there so you can use the sub's crossover before sending the signal to the main speakers. You send speaker level signal, or line level, to the sub befoore it goes to the main speakers, the output signal then drives the main speakers so only the frequencies above what you set on the sub goes to the main speakers.

Woochifer
04-10-2004, 03:29 PM
It is there so you can use the sub's crossover before sending the signal to the main speakers. You send speaker level signal, or line level, to the sub befoore it goes to the main speakers, the output signal then drives the main speakers so only the frequencies above what you set on the sub goes to the main speakers.

I think he's talking about two subwoofer outputs on the receiver itself, not on the subwoofer. Having two subwoofer outputs would allow for a two subwoofer setup and for the receiver to control them separately.

mtrycraft
04-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I think he's talking about two subwoofer outputs on the receiver itself, not on the subwoofer. Having two subwoofer outputs would allow for a two subwoofer setup and for the receiver to control them separately.

Yes, you are absolutely rigtht :) I guess my eyes stopped after 2 sub out:)