CD player won't work with new TV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD player won't work with new TV

cool_username
12-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey, I just found this forum and thought I might get some help. I just purchased a Panasonic 42" plasma TV. I hooked up my dvd player, and it works fine. I tried to hook up my cd changer, and I can't get it to play. It's an older unit that came with my Sony stereo. It's just 2 audio cables, l/r, plugged into the aux input on the tv. The player shows that the cd is playing, but I can't get any sound from the tv. I've tried all the inputs, tried different cables, nada. Is this an incompatibility issue?

recoveryone
12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey, I just found this forum and thought I might get some help. I just purchased a Panasonic 42" plasma TV. I hooked up my dvd player, and it works fine. I tried to hook up my cd changer, and I can't get it to play. It's an older unit that came with my Sony stereo. It's just 2 audio cables, l/r, plugged into the aux input on the tv. The player shows that the cd is playing, but I can't get any sound from the tv. I've tried all the inputs, tried different cables, nada. Is this an incompatibility issue?

This is probably a dumb question on my part, but why are you trying to use your TV as the output for a CD player? not that it still should work if the AUX is a input source for L/R.

dakatabg
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
You can just use your DVD player yo play audio compact discs!

cool_username
12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
This is probably a dumb question on my part, but why are you trying to use your TV as the output for a CD player? not that it still should work if the AUX is a input source for L/R.

Not a dumb question. I don't have a theater system or any other amp or speakers hooked up to it yet. I guess when I hook up a theater system I should be able to play it through that? It seems it should play through the existing inputs though.

cool_username
12-17-2010, 10:07 AM
You can just use your DVD player yo play audio compact discs!

I know, and it does work that way, it just doesn't have a 5 disc changer.