This just boggles my mind... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This just boggles my mind...

ForeverAutumn
12-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Investigation under way after small human foot in hiking boot washes ashore in Tacoma, Wash.
By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Tue, 14 Dec 9:57 PM EST

TACOMA, Wash. - Authorities are seeking more information about a small human foot that washed ashore in Washington state.

Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum (FULL-jum) said Tuesday the right foot was still inside a boy's size 6 "OzArk Trail" hiking boot, and likely belonged to a juvenile or small adult. He says the boots were sold in Walmart stores from 2004 to 2005.

The foot found early last week is believed to have floated in from either the Puyallup River or Puget Sound. It's the second to wash ashore in Washington state in four months.

In late August, a right foot believed to be that of a woman or child washed up on a beach in Whidbey Island, about 70 miles north of Tacoma.

Fulghum says police don't yet know if the cases are linked, or if they have any connection to cases in British Columbia, where seven feet have washed ashore in the past four years.

I've been following this story with interest for about a year now. In the last four years a total of nine human feet, in shoes, have washed ashore on the Pacific coast in and around B.C. Initially, they were all left feet. But now some right feet have also washed ashore. IIRC only one pair of feet ever matched up. Police have no idea where the feet are coming from. It's just so bizarre!

I'm looking forward to the day when this mystery is solved and an explanation is revealed.

GMichael
12-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Now I've read everything.

Hyfi
12-16-2010, 03:33 AM
In these times, it really does cost an arm and a leg....or foot for some thing.

JohnMichael
12-16-2010, 04:11 AM
It might be time for a remake.

C'mon, c'mon let go
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose

Where is Kevin Bacon?

kexodusc
12-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Can't see how this mystery won't end badly. A bunch of feet washing up ashore can't be a good thing.

JohnMichael
12-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Can't see how this mystery won't end badly. A bunch of feet washing up ashore can't be a good thing.

I am sure they will find an incredibly sick scene where all this started. I do not know if I have been watching too much news but people are going nuts these days.

TheHills44060
12-16-2010, 05:06 AM
In these times, it really does cost an arm and a leg....or foot for some thing.

C'mon, c'mon let go
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose

lol I'm rollin'

But yeah this is extremely odd and eerie. Had no idea this was going on.

Hyfi
12-16-2010, 06:54 AM
lol I'm rollin'

But yeah this is extremely odd and eerie. Had no idea this was going on.

Now I know where that donation I made to "Chumming For Children" went.

This is freaky but there are still a few places in the world where they cut kids hands off for several reasons.

Feanor
12-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Apparently none of the missing feet have be related to missing persons; this is disturbing in itself. Presumably it would be easy to do with DNA analysis.

How come just feet? Is there anything about feet, vs. other body parts, that makes them more likely to wash ashore? Besides being feet, what else do they have in common? E.g. the mechanism where by they separated from their legs?

On the face of it, these occurances don't seem like coincidences. But could they be just coincidental? Is there statistical info one way or the other?

noddin0ff
12-16-2010, 08:15 AM
My google searches keep popping up adds for waterproof hiking boots. (bwah ha ha)

Maybe the bears can't chew through boots?

ForeverAutumn
12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
IIRC many of the feet have been in running shoes which are buoyant. In earlier articles about the B.C. feet, the police thought that the feet separated from the legs by natural causes, i.e. they were not severed or cut off by a saw or other means.

I guess if a body were decomposed enough the bones would separate naturally.

JSE
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Ah crap, I'm moving up to that area in the spring. I'm gonna need to keep an eye on my feet!

JohnMichael
12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Ah crap, I'm moving up to that area in the spring. I'm gonna need to keep an eye on my feet!

Cartman would not know his feet were missing until he toppled over.

JohnMichael
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
I just had a horrible thought. Could someone be enslaving people and removing a foot to make them less able to escape.

ForeverAutumn
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I just had a horrible thought. Could someone be enslaving people and removing a foot to make them less able to escape.

Oh, that is a horrible thought! I'm not sure how good a one-footed slave would be though.

ForeverAutumn
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Here's a Wiki article with more details about all the feet. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discoveries_of_human_feet_on_British_Columbia_beac hes,_2007%E2%80%932009)

JSE
12-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Cartman would not know his feet were missing until he toppled over.

Hey! :mad5:

OK, good point! :p

JSE
12-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh, that is a horrible thought! I'm not sure how good a one-footed slave would be though.

Also a good point!

On a side note, I used to have a one legged lady that live across the street from me. She was a horrible mean person who would take swings at my dog with one of her crutches. My dog was about as mean as a loaf of bread. I started out trying to be nice to her because, well, she just had one leg and was single. I always said hello just to be met with a angry growl or she would just completely ignore me. So after a while, I just started to call her Aileen ( I-Lean). I would say Hello Aileen, nice day huh Aileen. She would just stare at me with a blank look. I don't think she ever got why I called a one legged mean lady Aileen. I guess technically, she didn't really lean. She had crutches. But hey, it made me feel good inside. And that's what counts! My wife used to tell me she is going to come accross the street one day and beat one of us with a crutch. I just told my wife to run to the left or right and she would fall over.

Anyway, just a useless cheery little story about JSE. It is X-Mas time afterall. :biggrin5:

GMichael
12-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Also a good point!

On a side note, I used to have a one legged lady that live across the street from me. She was a horrible mean person who would take swings at my dog with one of her crutches. My dog was about as mean as a loaf of bread. I started out trying to be nice to her because, well, she just had one leg and was single. I always said hello just to be met with a angry growl or she would just completely ignore me. So after a while, I just started to call her Aileen ( I-Lean). I would say Hello Aileen, nice day huh Aileen. She would just stare at me with a blank look. I don't think she ever got why I called a one legged mean lady Aileen. I guess technically, she didn't really lean. She had crutches. But hey, it made me feel good inside. And that's what counts! My wife used to tell me she is going to come accross the street one day and beat one of us with a crutch. I just told my wife to run to the left or right and she would fall over.

Anyway, just a useless cheery little story about JSE. It is X-Mas time afterall. :biggrin5:

You are a very mean man.:frown2:

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
You are a very mean man.:frown2:

Mean would be kicking a crutch out from under her.

She tooks swings at his dog, man. She was asking for it.

GMichael
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Mean would be replacing the rubber end with caster wheels. :devil:
But calling her I-lean aint exactly bidding for sainthood.:nono:

JSE
12-20-2010, 11:17 AM

Exactly! I knew FA would understand. :D

JSE
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM
But calling her I-lean aint exactly bidding for sainthood.:nono:

Yeah, well, that bidding ended and failed a long time ago. :frown2:

GMichael
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, well, that bidding ended and failed a long time ago. :frown2:
What price did it sell for?

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Exactly! I knew FA would understand. :D

I would have sent her a little gift from here (http://www.poopsenders.com/).

JSE
12-20-2010, 01:21 PM
What price did it sell for?

Probably my sole! :sosp:

I would have sent her a little gift from here.

I like the way you think. Order placed for my boss! :ciappa: