Magnolia will not make it [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia will not make it

lomarica
12-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I just got a 63 sammy from Magnolia, got it home and the screen was cracked. Not really the stores fault but two weeks later I returned it back and got a new one from RC Willey with no problems and free delivery and setup. Magnolia wanted $150 delivery and $75 set up. I live 1hour from the store.

The problem with Magnolia was they were not willing to deliver the replacement (at no cost to me), did not have a replacement in stock, could not tell me when a replacement would be in, did not return my phone calls and really did not seem to care about the situation.

I had to convince the manager the right thing to do was to deliver a replacement but it took 15minutes on the phone to do that. I had to do the old "why I am buying from you, all the TV equipment is the same and the same price in the area, you will only stay in business by having superior service" He finally came around and agreed to deliver a replacement but after two weeks I cut my losses and went with another store.

any comments on how a "high end " store can stay in business is appreciated

JohnMichael
12-12-2010, 10:36 AM
You are correct that service after the sale is very important. I would contact Magnolia's corporate office and let them know they have the wrong manager in charge. I doubt if they need someone so poor in customer service that he is chasing customers away.

I just got a 63 sammy from Magnolia, got it home and the screen was cracked. Not really the stores fault but two weeks later I returned it back and got a new one from RC Willey with no problems and free delivery and setup. Magnolia wanted $150 delivery and $75 set up. I live 1hour from the store.

The problem with Magnolia was they were not willing to deliver the replacement (at no cost to me), did not have a replacement in stock, could not tell me when a replacement would be in, did not return my phone calls and really did not seem to care about the situation.

I had to convince the manager the right thing to do was to deliver a replacement but it took 15minutes on the phone to do that. I had to do the old "why I am buying from you, all the TV equipment is the same and the same price in the area, you will only stay in business by having superior service" He finally came around and agreed to deliver a replacement but after two weeks I cut my losses and went with another store.

any comments on how a "high end " store can stay in business is appreciated

poppachubby
12-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Agreed, there's no way that Magnolia's corporate philosophy is to take the money and run. Not in the current climate of retail. You may be surprised what gets done if you go over the stores head.

harley .guy07
12-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I am not a fan of Best Buy as a company anyway since I have heard of quite a few things like this happening to friends and family and I believe that Best Buy as a company has no service after the sale which to me is unacceptable. I do not shop at Best Buy any more due to these very reasons.

TheHills44060
12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I have had nothing but poor experiences with best buy staff and services and wouldn't dare dream of buying a television from them.

Worf101
12-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree completely with JM. I'd contact their corporate office and let them know that they not only lost a sale but a customer for life and that you've been quite busy on the net letting other's know your dissatisfaction. I've done it in the past with Denny's and Poppa John's Pizza.

Worf

GMichael
12-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I agree completely with JM. I'd contact their corporate office and let them know that they not only lost a sale but a customer for life and that you've been quite busy on the net letting other's know your dissatisfaction. I've done it in the past with Denny's and Poppa John's Pizza.

Worf

You buy your audio from Denny's and Poppa John's?!:yikes:

No wonder you were not satisfied.:shocked:

Ajani
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM
You buy your audio from Denny's and Poppa John's?!:yikes:

No wonder you were not satisfied.:shocked:

I've long advocated that HiFi brands need to stop the snobbery and be more readily available where consumers actually shop, but Denny's and Poppa John's is about 12 steps too far... :devil:

pixelthis
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I paid a little extra for my set, bought it from the same guys I usually do, people with a
service dept. While there they showed me their 80"DLP 3D setup. Nice.
I would rather pay a little extra, keep the money in town, and have no worries.
Thats the true bargain.:1:

Woochifer
12-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Kind of an inflammatory headline here. So, you had a bad experience, therefore the entire chain "will not make it"? Last I checked, Best Buy's revenues were roughly double that of Amazon, with a higher net margin. Say what you will about their service, prices, policies or what not. But, to claim that your experience is somehow a sign that they are somehow ready to fail is absurd when you look at how the market is aligned. (BB and Magnolia have basically knocked out the national competitors, along with numerous regional specialty chains)

I can tell you from first hand experience that the service at Magnolia will vary a lot from store to store. From what I've heard, the regional managers have a lot of say in how the stores operate. Some of them are very customer focused. Others are pricks. This carries over to how the Magnolia sections inside of Best Buy are operated.

The early Magnolia ministores in Cali operated with hand-picked sales staff who were a lot more experienced than BB staffers wearing the blue polos. Not sure if the newer Magnolia ministores still operate like this.

Worf101
12-14-2010, 08:18 AM
I've long advocated that HiFi brands need to stop the snobbery and be more readily available where consumers actually shop, but Denny's and Poppa John's is about 12 steps too far... :devil:
You know!!!! With friends like you two!!!!! :ciappa:

Worf

atomicAdam
12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I can tell you from first hand experience that the service at Magnolia will vary a lot from store to store. From what I've heard, the regional managers have a lot of say in how the stores operate. Some of them are very customer focused. Others are pricks. This carries over to how the Magnolia sections inside of Best Buy are operated.

The early Magnolia ministores in Cali operated with hand-picked sales staff who were a lot more experienced than BB staffers wearing the blue polos. Not sure if the newer Magnolia ministores still operate like this.

Wait - Best Buy has a store with-in its store? That is mind blowing! Cause I totally missed that last time I was in BB It is right by REI (wear I've spent way too much money this year on climbing cams - anyways) and I go in every now and again ( about once in 6 months ) to see if I am ready to buy a TV or not yet. Anyways - I missed the whole store in a store thing..

pixelthis
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Heard on the news the other day that Best Buy is reporting a loss, which is not too
surprizing allthings considered.
YOU MAY NOT LIKE EM, but they are really all that a lot of people have nowadays.
Sad, but the way it is.:1:

luvtolisten
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Heard on the news the other day that Best Buy is reporting a loss, which is not too
surprizing allthings considered.
YOU MAY NOT LIKE EM, but they are really all that a lot of people have nowadays.
Sad, but the way it is.:1:
I heard the same thing, and you're right. Whether we like them or not, the more competition the better.

winston
12-19-2010, 07:29 AM
lomarica" don't take this personal:wink5: "But maybe best buy's thinks that its not their fault for you returning the TV, they may have been more willing to help you if that was the case!! (will base on what you said)

that been said I really do appreciate stores like "best buy and brands mart" in my neck of the woods, cause they know how to stay in business "base on the economy" they put a lot of food on peoples table in south Florida, and some times you have to beyond the "numbers

"but still it would have been nice if they had help more quickly" good luck with your new sammy

pixelthis
12-20-2010, 03:38 AM
"HELPFULL" Best buy employee is a contradiction in terms, really.
THE ONES that ever did offer help usually lnew little or nothing about what they were talking about.:1: