Zu Audio sale!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Zu Audio sale!!!

Mr Peabody
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Zu Audio, www.zuaudio.com is going to have a 12 Days of Christmas sale. It has not started yet but check the site often or sign up for newsletter. I couldn't get details but the sale should start possibly as soon as Friday. They told me there may also be some B-stock for sale. The sale will be "package" deals, like buy a set of speakers and get a free amplifier. I asked, "you all make amps?" and I got silence, so I am very curious to see what's up. Could be a great deal for people looking for a system.

I'm planning to try a set of Omen Def. From what I've read in reviews and comments I think they may be worth a try, especially if I can get a great price.

LeRoy
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Have you heard the Zu products before? I have always gotten a way thumbs up or way thumbs down from people who have auditioned their products. Hope the Zu works out for you and let us all know what the heck they sound like.

Take care,

LeRoy

harley .guy07
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Well I will be patiently waiting to see how you like them and see if they give you the sound difference you are looking for without having elements you don't like as well. I have read some good things about them and they are quite efficient and seem well built and look cool. My only concern would be if they are going to have all the elements that you like form your Dynaudio's because there for a while you were running Klipsch and when you switched back you realized what you were missing with the Dynaudios.

Ajani
12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
So the link is on A'gon, though the ZU website hasn't been updated yet:

Mr Peabody
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I have not heard the Zu before but with a 60 day trial and no money at risk I don't see any reason not to try them. Comments people have made really have me interested, I have seen a few comments that give me slight reservation though. If I can buy at a sale price that makes it that much better, and tempting.

A couple people said something about a lack of detail. They do require a long break in time which I have to wonder if contributed to the criticisms. Adam heard them as well and didn't seem flattered. On the other hand the majority say things like "they're special", whatever that means, "they have a great presence", "good soundstage/imaging". I figure only one way to find out for sure. If I like them, something will have to go though :)

Ajani
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Zu Audio, www.zuaudio.com is going to have a 12 Days of Christmas sale. It has not started yet but check the site often or sign up for newsletter. I couldn't get details but the sale should start possibly as soon as Friday. They told me there may also be some B-stock for sale. The sale will be "package" deals, like buy a set of speakers and get a free amplifier. I asked, "you all make amps?" and I got silence, so I am very curious to see what's up. Could be a great deal for people looking for a system.

I'm planning to try a set of Omen Def. From what I've read in reviews and comments I think they may be worth a try, especially if I can get a great price.

The sale info is on the website...

If you purchase an Omen Definition you'll get a free Peachtree Audio Nova (actually you pay $100 for the Nova)!

That's actually a really sweet deal...

http://www.zuaudio.com/holiday/

Mr Peabody
12-10-2010, 05:23 PM
OMEN DEFINITION AND PEACHTREE NOVA COMBO
Omen Def $2700
Peachtree Nova $1199
Individually $3899
Package Price $2800
Savings of $1099

OMEN AND PEACHTREE DECCO2 COMBO
Omen $1500
Decco2 $799
Individually $2299
Package Price $1500
Savings of $799

Omen
OMEN BOOKSHELF AND MISSION CABLE COMBO
Omen BS $899
3 Meter LC $399
2 Meter Pwr $349
1 Meter IC $299
Individually $1946
Package Price $899
Savings of $1047

Omen Bookshelf
B-STOCK
Products are sold as is. These items have cosmetic imperfections only.

Omen $799
Soul Superfly $1400
Omen BS $549
Omen CNTR $350
Cable 75% off

OMEN DEF, OMEN BOOKSHELF AND MISSION CABLE COMBO
Omen Def $2700
Omen BS $899
Mission LC $399
Individually $3998
Package Price $2799
Savings of $1199

OMEN BS, OMEN CENTER AND PEACHTREE DECCO COMBO
Omen BS $899
Omen CNTR $599
Peachtree Decco2 $799
Individually $2297
Package Price $1500

Ajani
12-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Mr. Peabody, which combo are you going to buy?

Mr Peabody
12-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't need an amp, I will see if I can get a deal on just the speakers. I might get the B-stock center if the same return policy holds.

Do you think the blue or red colors would look alright in a living room? I'm leaning toward the black.

Ajani
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't need an amp, I will see if I can get a deal on just the speakers. I might get the B-stock center if the same return policy holds.

Do you think the blue or red colors would look alright in a living room? I'm leaning toward the black.

If I do get a pair of Omens, it will be in Sangria Red... The Blue and Red could work in a living room, as long as you are OK with them making a visual statement... If you want them just to blend in with the rest of the furniture, then the Black and Maple would be much safer bets...