View Full Version : Speaker setup

gamingart
12-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello. I´m a newbie in Hifi audio. I got these stuff:
Denon 1611 receiver
Pure acoustics Supernova 8F Fronts
Pure acoustics Dream Center
Velodyne 10 Impact Sub

After running autosetup using Audissey Mic, My fronts and center were set to large and the crossover frequencies were set to full for them, so they are handling mostly all the low frequencies

Should I change these? Would I get better sound if I set the crossover frequencies to have my sub handle most of the lows?

I´d appreciate all your opinions.

Mr Peabody
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I've heard many people complain about Audessy always setting the mains/center to "small", so either they tweaked the program a bit or assuming your speakers do some pretty good bass. Maybe your room is small or some other reason the program kept yours "large". On your sub did you set the crossover to "bypass" to bypass the internal crossover? This allows the internal crossover to be out of the way so the receiver's crossover can work properly.

Any way to answer your question more directly, there's no right or wrong. If you wish change the settings and play, leave it set the way that pleases you. If it's the auto set up you can always run it again if you forgot what the settings were.