19 years ago today.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 19 years ago today....

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Freddy Mercury died. I can't believe it's been 19 years. It still makes me sad. :frown5:

GMichael
11-24-2010, 11:58 AM
19 years?! Wow. I feel so old now.

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Did you know....

"Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara). Mercury, who was a Parsi born in Zanzibar and grew up there and in India until his mid-teens, has been referred to as "Britain's first Asian rock star".

Mercury was born in the British protectorate of Zanzibar, East Africa. His parents, Bomi and Jer Bulsara, were Parsis from the Gujarat region of the then province of Bombay Presidency in British India. The family surname is derived from the town of Bulsar (also known as Valsad) in southern Gujarat. As Parsis, Freddie and his family practised the Zoroastrian religion. The Bulsara family had moved to Zanzibar in order for his father to continue his job as a cashier at the British Colonial Office. He had one younger sister, Kashmira."

I didn't until a few years ago.

SlumpBuster
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Yet, (Insert Offensive Hateful Artist Here - Read: Phil Spector) continues to live on.

Gonna break out my Live at Wembley DVD tonight.

BarryL
11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Can't believe it's been 28 years since Harry Chapin died in a car accident in 1982 (I think), and 36 years since the release of Crime of the Century! And I'm still countin'.

ForeverAutumn
11-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Can't believe it's been 28 years since Harry Chapin died in a car accident in 1982 (I think), and 36 years since the release of Crime of the Century! And I'm still countin'.

I didn't know that you could count that high. :p

Stone
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Who's this Frank Mercury you speak of?

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Who's this Frank Mercury you speak of?

He invented the thermometer.

JohnMichael
11-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Freddy Mercury died. I can't believe it's been 19 years. It still makes me sad. :frown5:

Working in healthcare during those days I remember the fear, suspicion and prejudice in hospitals. I hope Freddy was treated better than I think he might have been.

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Working in healthcare during those days I remember the fear, suspicion and prejudice in hospitals. I hope Freddy was treated better than I think he might have been.

He kept his illness a secret until days before his death. I have to think that there was a reason for that. So I hope that you're right...but I suspect not.

BarryL
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM

It was twenty years ago today, that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.

Immortal.

TheHills44060
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
19 years!?!? Where has the time gone...

My best friend's father is a dead ringer for Freddie Mercury. Same facial features, height, hair color and even the same type of teeth...absolutely eerie resemblance. Well about 8 years ago he got cancer in his colon but never told anyone the pain he was in. He didn't eat for weeks and lost a TON of weight so he looked like Freddie during Freddie's last few months. Amazing the resemblance in both sickness and in health.