Thanksgiving recipes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving recipes

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 06:58 AM
About four or five years ago, Hubby and I were away on vacation during the Canadian Thanksgiving (the 2nd Monday in October). I hated missing turkey day, so we decided to celebrate the American Thanksgiving instead and invited a group of friends for dinner. This has now become an annual tradition and we host a Thanksgiving dinner every year on the Saturday following the US Thanksgiving.

Help me out with my menu. What are your favourite Thanksgiving recipes? I already have PoppaChubby's recipe for Roasted Baby with Fennel and Rosemary sauce, but I'd like to know what my Yankee friends like to chow down on on Thanksgiving Day.

Hyfi
11-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Roasted Baby with Fennel and Rosemary sauce.

Are you inviting Hannibal Lector?

JohnMichael
11-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Help me out with my menu. What are your favourite Thanksgiving recipes? I already have PoppaChubby's recipe for Roasted Baby with Fennel and Rosemary sauce, but I'd like to know what my Yankee friends like to chow down on on Thanksgiving Day.

We do not roast babies for Thanksgiving.

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 07:51 AM
It's a delicacy up here in Canada. Just a dash of Tarrogon, hmmmm

Hyfi
11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
It's a delicacy up here in Canada. Just a dash of Tarrogon, hmmmm

Is it served with fave beans and a nice Chianti?

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 08:31 AM

Nah, we serve it with bannock and Molsons. :ihih:

GMichael
11-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm never going to Canada again!:shocked:

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 08:39 AM

It's perfectly safe for YOU here, just leave the babino at home. Us Canucks like our meat tender.

GMichael
11-24-2010, 08:44 AM
It's perfectly safe for YOU here, just leave the babino at home. Us Canucks like our meat tender.
We never travel apart.
Speaking of tender meats. Love the new avatar you have there.

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM

It's really only an issue in early October. We only eat babies for Thanksgiving. At Christmas, we prefer puppies.

Heeeeeeeeeere doggie, doggie!

GMichael
11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
It's really only an issue in early October. We only eat babies for Thanksgiving. At Christmas, we prefer puppies.

What time of year do you eat cats?

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Chinese New Year.

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 09:54 AM

We don't eat cats. We're not barbarians for god's sake! :frown2:

GMichael
11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
We don't eat cats. We're not barbarians for god's sake! :frown2:
Are you calling me a barbarian?:eek6:

GMichael
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Chinese New Year.
With rice or noodels?

Hyfi
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
So was the original post a typo or a joke? Seems like the entree just needed one more word.

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 10:11 AM
So was the original post a typo or a joke? Seems like the entree just needed one more word.

Never been to Canada?

Hyfi
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Never been to Canada?

2x, Niagra 25 years ago on honeymoon and Toronto for 2 days 15 years ago.

Maybe it was the wrong time of year for roasted babies.

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 10:20 AM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=35347

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm not going to get any recipes from you guys, am I?

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 10:49 AM

I make a wicked Teriyaki. Hmmmm, Teriyaki Turkey?

GMichael
11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I might be able to find that lemon tarte recipe somewhere.

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
I might be able to find that lemon tarte recipe somewhere.

I have that one saved on my computer. I don't have time to make dessert this year. One of our friends came to my rescue and volunteered to bake a pumpkin pie. We use pumpkins like the ones below. They're a special Canadian hybrid. :)

What ever happended to Bernd anyhow? The last time I heard from him was well over a year ago...just before our Chicago trip. Has anyone heard from him?

GMichael
11-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I have that one saved on my computer. I don't have time to make dessert this year. One of our friends came to my rescue and volunteered to bake a pumpkin pie. :)

What ever happended to Bernd anyhow? The last time I heard from him was well over a year ago...just before our Chicago trip. Has anyone heard from him?
My other recipes are for things like chili, meatloaf and chicken. Not very holidayish.
Bernd (as well as many others) have moved off to other sights. I don't understand the whole leaving thing.:rolleyes5: I've joined other sights, but I still come here first. I post whenever I can.

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM
At Christmas, we prefer puppies.

OMG! I'm choking with laughter here. I just emailed my husband to see if he wanted me to pick up anything at the grocery store, and he responded, "A Puppy!".

I'm not kidding. That man can read my mind! :lol:

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 12:23 PM
OMG! I'm choking with laughter here. I just emailed my husband to see if he wanted me to pick up anything at the grocery store, and he responded, "A Puppy!".

So, what time is dinner?

GMichael
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM

A puppy would be more tender than a full sized dog. What breed do you prefer to eat? Do you use a white, red, or brown sauce? Breaded and fried, or baked or broiled?

Luvin Da Blues
11-24-2010, 05:49 PM
We never travel apart.
Speaking of tender meats. Love the new avatar you have there.

Ya, I gotta agree, it's a nice car. :biggrin5: