SLS Audio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SLS Audio?

JeffreySmith
11-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Hello, I was hoping someone could offer some insight to this. I was never a fan of HTIB but I'm looking for a secondary surround system not costing thousands. I tripped across SLS audio on Amazon and wondered what anyone thought or knew about it. It's advertised for $359.00 this Friday and was going to pick one up. Below is the link, thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/SLS-Q-Line-Surround-Theater-System/dp/B000JZSYZO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290525638&sr=8-2

harley .guy07
11-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I think it will work fine for mid or low volume movie watching and it will not take up a lot of space. I am usually not a fan of all in one systems and while most of the HTIB (home theater in a box) setups usually sound terrible I can see why people like the idea of them. 1- small and out of the way, 2-easy to hook up compared to seperates,3- you don't have to mess with choosing all of your components separately. As long as you keep in mind that you are buying this system for the price of a cheaper budget minded pair of bookshelf speakers and that most likely the performance will show this fact and this does not bother you then this might work. And if music is in the equation what so ever I would shy away from a HTIB systems as I have never heard one that does well with music.good luck

Hyfi
11-23-2010, 09:31 AM
I looked at the MFG site also. It seems that these speaker systems by SLS are used in many stadiums and arenas so they must have something going for them.

I did notice that the Amazon link stated Discontinued Product so make sure there is still customer support.