bluray+pandora+7.1 outs+SACD=cannot find [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bluray+pandora+7.1 outs+SACD=cannot find

lomarica
11-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I am looking a player that will do the above, have streaming for pandora, have 7.1 outs so I can hook it up to my non HDMI process and play sacd.

is there any out there that can do this? I hear the OPPO 93 can but not sure about pandora they say it can stream netflix maybe they will add pandora?

thanks

Poultrygeist
11-23-2010, 05:22 AM
My Panny BD80 ( less than a year old ) has the analog outs and it streams Amazon movies via a cheapo wired cat5 cable from my router. Analog outs are getting very rare these days and will soon be unavailable.

The quality of a wired cat5 cable is superior to wireless and long runs are cheap without any signal loss.

Poultrygeist
11-23-2010, 05:26 AM
If you want SACD I'd go with a dedicated SACD player rather than a universal.

N. Abstentia
11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
If you want SACD I'd go with a dedicated SACD player rather than a universal.

The only problem with that is that very few (if any...I don't know of one) processers will have dual sets of multichannel analog inputs. So without a universal player it's either BluRay audio or SACD. I was all set to order an Oppo universal player because I'm in the same situation, only to find out they don't have anything available right now because of the 93 coming out. Should be nice, but I wanted the BDP-80 which was around $249.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-27-2010, 03:30 PM
The only problem with that is that very few (if any...I don't know of one) processers will have dual sets of multichannel analog inputs. So without a universal player it's either BluRay audio or SACD. I was all set to order an Oppo universal player because I'm in the same situation, only to find out they don't have anything available right now because of the 93 coming out. Should be nice, but I wanted the BDP-80 which was around $249.

Warning: thread hijack occurring. What a welcomed blast from the past. N. Abstentia, you are living up to your name on this site. It is good seeing your name again, and your opinion as well!

N. Abstentia
11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Warning: thread hijack occurring. What a welcomed blast from the past. N. Abstentia, you are living up to your name on this site. It is good seeing your name again, and your opinion as well!

Yeah sorry I haven't been very active lately. Bass guitar has has been my hobby here of late, and the only thing I'm even remotely thinking about upgrading on my home theater is my BluRay player because I sure miss my SACD's!

Poultrygeist
11-30-2010, 06:15 AM
The dedicated Sony CE595 sacd player is inexpensive, well reviewed and has 5.1 analog outs.

pixelthis
11-30-2010, 12:59 PM
The dedicated Sony CE595 sacd player is inexpensive, well reviewed and has 5.1 analog outs.

The problem is, where will you hook up the ol' BLURAY?
Best thing is to toss Pandora for the time being, there are other ways to stream it,
and get (if you can) something like an Oppo universal player.
Only thing that will do, sometimes compromise is warranted .
FACED a similar problem awhile back, just settled for two channel SACD(preferred that anyway) and used the 7.1 in's on my old receiver, it was compromises like that that finally made me toss it.:1:

isaaca
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I just got the panasonic blu ray player BD 85 I believe is the model and it supports pandora, netflix, youtube and a few other apps as well.

It would be even better if they would allow you to create custom apps but I am pretty happy with what I have.

lomarica
12-01-2010, 07:54 PM
thanks for all the input I did not make this clear but one of my main reasons for wanting a universal was to make my system even easier to use
with a universal blu ray I get dvd/cd/bluray/scad and then I have my DISH also hooked up to my system

so to switch between any audio there are only two digital buttons to choose from on my processor so simple even the wife can use it (just kidding)

I will just wait for the new Oppo I think that is the best choice.

But actually with Pandora I am not sure how much we will be listening to the Sirius/xm on DISH any more

Woochifer
12-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Another way to get Pandora and other web radio stations is with a dock and an iPod touch. Can't control it from a distance while docked, but it's good for running in the background.

As others have said, you might need to compromise and go with separate devices, since you won't get everything in one.

bobsticks
01-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I am looking a player that will do the above, have streaming for pandora, have 7.1 outs so I can hook it up to my non HDMI process and play sacd.

is there any out there that can do this? I hear the OPPO 93 can but not sure about pandora they say it can stream netflix maybe they will add pandora?

thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PHM9KK/ref=asc_df_B002PHM9KK1380562?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B002PHM9KK :D

Hyfi
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
OPPO has not announced all of it's streaming partners as of yet but hopefully Pandora will be one of them.

pixelthis
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
I REALLY don't understand why people need something like a BLU RAY player or TV to
stream movies off of the net.Kinda like using a pogo stick to go to the store.
Not when you can hook a computer to your system. Then you would have not just pay stuff
like NETFLIX, PANDORA, but freebies as well. And you could use self same computer
for storage of music and video. You can buy or build one cheap. If you are on this board
you already have one.:1: