High-End Audio Shows in California in 2011 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : High-End Audio Shows in California in 2011

Byron4
11-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Next year there are two home entertainment shows in California we can attend. The California Audio Show by Dagogo in July and The Home Entertainment Show in June. I have never attended The Home Entertainment Show but I attended last summer's California Audio Show and had a great time. It will be interesting to see if exhibitors will be willing to participate in both shows or which one they will select. I believe the California Audio Show will again be in the bay area by San Francisco which if I attend being from So Cal could make a fun mini vacation out of the trip. The Home Entertainment Show would be more of a day trip, although a little far (over 80 miles each way). I don't think I can do both so I am leaning towards the California Audio Show because I enjoy any excuse to go to the bay area. Anyone else plan on attending either show?

RGA
11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I will be doing my best to attend the California Audio Show and will try to cover the event. My first show coverage was CES 2010 and I wasn't as prepared or organized as i would like to have been. Plus I've never been to San Francisco.

atomicAdam
11-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I'll be at CAS2011 for sure.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I'll be at the California Audio show for sure, and maybe the The Home Entertainment show as well.

Thanks to the show last year, I have developed a curiousity about VTL tube amps. They were all over the place last year, and I have made the decision to audition a few of their monoblocks.

E-Stat
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks to the show last year, I have developed a curiousity about VTL tube amps. They were all over the place last year, and I have made the decision to audition a few of their monoblocks.
Perhaps Luke Manley and Bea Lamm might attend as they live near SF. I think you would enjoy speaking with them about music.

rw

atomicAdam
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I'll be at the California Audio show for sure, and maybe the The Home Entertainment show as well.

VTL's aren't cheap if I remember correctly. Have fun w/ that. When you headed down this way?

11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
VTL's aren't cheap if I remember correctly. Have fun w/ that. When you headed down this way?

If they can fit in to what I would like to use them for, then their cost does not mean much to me.

Adam, I was supposed to head down your way last week, but it appears the family wants to stay north this year. I am surprised at that, but it is what they want. Now we are looking at a Christmas trip down there. We'll see how that plays out, but I just may come down there by myself.

seafrost
11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
wish we had shows like that here in buffalo

atomicAdam
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
If they can fit in to what I would like to use them for, then their cost does not mean much to me.

Adam, I was supposed to head down your way last week, but it appears the family wants to stay north this year. I am surprised at that, but it is what they want. Now we are looking at a Christmas trip down there. We'll see how that plays out, but I just may come down there by myself.

Yeah - families are families. Just between the wife and I it can be mind numbing at times.

Well - Like I said - let me know - I'll be around during x.mas.

Trinity
11-23-2010, 06:31 AM
We'll be at THE show.

Not sure about CAS yet.

hifitommy
11-25-2010, 01:29 PM
YES to the T.H.E. show in redondo. finally we're having some more show activity here in LALA Land. well, we have the most used LPs available it seems so things arent ALL bad here.

seafrost, if seems that if youre in buffalo (i am from there) your name would be LAKEfrost. i luckily missed the 77-78 winter blizzard of 110" snowfall.

i loved to go to the autorama custom car show at the armory on niagara street. does that show still come around?

Byron4
12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Looks like the California Audio Show is scheduled two weeks earlier for 2011 which means I will have to miss the show. My wife and I volunteer for one of the local So Cal drum & bugle corps and our group has two events scheduled that weekend. I was so looking forward to the audio show.

atomicAdam
12-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry about that B -

What did you want to C -

I'd be happy to cover it for YEE -

( I don't know why I'm writing like this so I'll stop )

Byron4
12-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks Adam. I will look forward to reading your coverage especially the reasonably priced products. Last summer I enjoyed listening to a number of products for the first time. I ended up purchasing a Grant Fidelity DAC 9 at the show for a great price. I also enjoyed meeting a number of people with the same interests. What is also nice about this show is we have kids up there (San Jose and Berkeley) so my wife could spend part of the time visiting while I was at the show.

12-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Looks like the California Audio Show is scheduled two weeks earlier for 2011 which means I will have to miss the show. My wife and I volunteer for one of the local So Cal drum & bugle corps and our group has two events scheduled that weekend. I was so looking forward to the audio show.

Which shows and what corps? I am a member of the Renegades Drum and Bugle corps, and we always do the LA shows.

Byron4
12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Which shows and what corps? I am a member of the Renegades Drum and Bugle corps, and we always do the LA shows.

We are in our 13th season volunteering for Impulse Drum & Bugle Corps. My wife is secretary of the board. We work the souvenir booth during the summer for just about every show Impulse attends. All 4 of our kids marched Impulse and two moved on to Santa Clara Vanguard and Madison Scouts. Renegades have performed at our home show for a number years and Impulse performs at their home show. If you get a chance come by the booth and we can chat about both drum corps and high end audio. If you march Renegades this year they will probably be in So Cal that weekend so I guess you'll miss CAS also.

RGA
12-30-2010, 11:45 PM
It would be nice to meet up in person. We could have lunch or dinner or something. I have friends who are now living in Northern California. They have offered to put me up. I am debating on whether to make the drive to California. I can actually sleep in the back of my car. I have the enitre summer off so it would be kind of fun.

atomicAdam
12-31-2010, 07:54 AM
It would be nice to meet up in person. We could have lunch or dinner or something. I have friends who are now living in Northern California. They have offered to put me up. I am debating on whether to make the drive to California. I can actually sleep in the back of my car. I have the enitre summer off so it would be kind of fun.

RGA you should totally come down. The drive down isn't that bad, you can do a two day drive. It is very beautiful and the Bay Area is awesome.

filecat13
01-08-2011, 10:59 PM
I attended CAS in 2010. I know a couple of the vendors.

A buddy and I drove up from greater LA, leaving at 3 AM on Friday and arriving just at the show's opening. We stayed all day, and got some extra time in after closing in a couple of the big rooms. Then we went to dinner with a vendor and some mutual friends, aftreward driving back to LA, arriving about 4 AM on Saturday. :shocked:

As a result of attending the show, I was haunted by a pair of speakers until I called up the dealer a month or so later and bought them: JBL K2 S9900.

In all likelihood we'll go back to CAS this year, but spend the night. With THE less than 10 miles away, it's a no brainer to attend that as well. I just have to keep repeating "Don't buy! Don't buy! Don't buy!"