Argent [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Argent

MasterCylinder
11-16-2010, 06:11 AM
With an effort to review some ARGENT music I used to listen to about 100 years ago, I bought "Argent Encore - Live In Concert".............it looked very promising with all the old favorites listed in the contents.

This CD is awful.
Bad pitch and technique -- missed cues -- choppy rythyms -- horrible vocals.
To top that performance off, it's a poor mix and a $hitty recording.

Just lovely.

Luvin Da Blues
11-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Sh!tty wasting money on crap, but most live rock albums from this period they just aren't recorded very good, but of course there are exceptions.

IMO, Some things (ie; bands) just need to be left in the past....this is one of them. FWIW, I still like to spin "Hold Your Head Up" from time to time tho.

ForeverAutumn
11-16-2010, 06:48 AM
With an effort to review some ARGENT music I used to listen to about 100 years ago, I bought "Argent Encore - Live In Concert".............it looked very promising with all the old favorites listed in the contents.

This CD is awful.
Bad pitch and technique -- missed cues -- choppy rythyms -- horrible vocals.
To top that performance off, it's a poor mix and a $hitty recording.

Just lovely.

Thanks for the warning. I was considering this disk but I'll not bother then.

Mr Peabody
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Hold Your Head Up is one of those songs that have been burnt out on Classic Rock stations and I can't stand to listen to it any more. I haven't heard anything else from the band that I know of.

Luvin Da Blues
11-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Hold Your Head Up is one of those songs that have been burnt out on Classic Rock stations and I can't stand to listen to it any more..........

And that's why I never listen to radio, even in the car. I have most of the classic rock albums I like in one format or another so when I get the urge to listen to some..............

Mr Peabody
11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
I always said I wouldn't pay for satelite radio but I got a free subscription with our new vehicle and it was so nice not to have to listen to commercial radio I ended up signing on the dotted line.