The Decemberists and Gillian Welch on Conan [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Decemberists and Gillian Welch on Conan

ForeverAutumn
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Those Decemberists are just full of news. This just on Facebook...

We'll be playing on Conan this Thursday 11/18, joined on stage by none other than the inimitable Ms Gillian Welch. http://www.teamcoco.com/

Swish
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Those Decemberists are just full of news. This just on Facebook...

We'll be playing on Conan this Thursday 11/18, joined on stage by none other than the inimitable Ms Gillian Welch. http://www.teamcoco.com/

...both the Decemberists and Gillian, that should be really cool.

Thanks for the heads up!

Swish
11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
...and it was pretty good. Nothing great about it, but Conan is a funny guy. His best joke of the night was that Congress passed a $20 billion unemployment compensation increase, mostly to help the Democrats who are now unemployed since the elections. Okay, not terribly funny, but it made me laugh.

The Decemberists did a nice job with Gillian harmonizing quite nicely with Colin Meloy. I wasn't familiar with the song, but I'm pretty sure it's from their upcoming release 'The King is Dead'.

ForeverAutumn
11-19-2010, 06:10 AM
It's aired at midnight here. Too late for me to stay up on school night, so I PVR'd it and will watch it this weekend.

Swish
11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
..to post the youtube video, but it's gone and this appeared:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Conaco Productions LLC.

It's from the yet-to-be-released CD 'The King is Dead' but I heard it on WXPN today. Good tune and the new cd is supposedly a departure from their previous releases, with more pop sensibilities. We shall see.

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Down by the Water was available as a free download from their website a couple of weeks ago. I post the link here, somewhere. It's a good song. Makes me excited for their new release next year.