white zombie interconnects [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : white zombie interconnects

Just2fast
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey there guys,
Is anybody familiar with white zombie interconnect cables? I needed some new cables and did some research and decided to give the el chupacabra's from white zombie a try.
I connected these up to a Nakamichi separates system and a vintage Sansui system.
I must admit, I didn't think that cables would make much of a difference! WOW! was I wrong!!
I replaced some older audioquest and monster cables with these cables and immediately noticed a big difference in everything coming out of my speakers!! The soundstage and presence was greater in all area's. They talk about "burn in time" in which I am not familiar with, but now I see what they are saying. The more I use them the smoother everything seems to be getting. Still, I am hearing things in the music that I wasn't hearing before, or at least with much improved detail.
Anyway, has anyone had any kind of experience similar to this with any kind of interconnect cables??
Thanks in advance guys! I appreciate any input you may have.

Just2Fast:2: :2:

Hyfi
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
some pricey cables, congrats.

Yes, plenty of us here are in the same camp but there are also those who claim the black and reds that come with gear is just the same.

I have not rolled too many cables but can say my Synergistic Research cables are far better than my entry level Tara Labs ICs or any black and red.

atomicAdam
11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Those seems like really good prices on Silver ICs. I wonder how they would sound compared to the ones I have been using that cost about 4x the amount.

-adam

LeRoy
11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Just2fast

Yep, it's amazing what a change of IC's, speaker wire, and power cords/conditioner can do for an audio system. While I'm not familiar with the Zombies I know from past experience that upgrading from the Ecosse "the conductor' IC to Chord Cobra 3 was not really an upgrade by much ...but then I got some IC's from Blue Marble Audio and that changed everything incredibly better and with greater/tighter focus.

So, good to hear you're getting positive/enjoyable results with the Zombies.

LeRoy