Jazz Radio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Radio

LeRoy
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
This Jazz station has been playing classics going back as far as I can recall from my teen years. For those of you who like Jazz music this station might be for you. Happy listening.

http://web.krtu.org/

LeRoy

poppachubby
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I have bookmarked it LeRoy. I am getting a Squeezebox soon...

LeRoy
11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I have bookmarked it LeRoy. I am getting a Squeezebox soon...

I'm gonna have to get a refresher on Squeezebox technology. I know I've read about it in the past but at this moment I forget what it's all about....but making additions to the Audio Empire is always so much fun to do. Is it going to be part of your primary system or a stand alone system?

recoveryone
11-05-2010, 04:24 AM
WHAT!!!!! Chubby making the leap to a squeezebox, enjoy my friend

poppachubby
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I have been on a fence regarding how to proceed. I considered using an older comp as a sole server, but decided against it mostly for awkwardness and noise.

My analog is leaps and bounds ahead of my digital, and I considered keeping my main system digital free. However, I will get a Squeezebox Touch, and use my Yamaha as a physical transport.

I am at a point where I have little use for CDs. I badly wanted to buy a Marantz CDP that JRA has, but I don't see the point. I am set up for ripping my LPs, so now I will simply focus my cash into new/used vinyl. The rips can remain as files and the Touch will deliver them into a mix if I please. I also use a portable player, so another use for files.

I may end up removing the Yammy but for now i will leave it in. I should have the SB Touch in the next week or so.

LeRoy the SB is a WiFi device. It remotely sends the music from your comp to the system of your choice. You can get multiple SB's and have access to your digital files in every system if you so desire. There is a remote control and an LED screen to show you details.

I have a great soundcard, but decided this is the way to go. As I said, my ripping ability has reached the kind of quality level that defies CDs. At least it's good enough for these ears. I also bought an external hard drive so i can warehouse all of my existing files and future rips. I can keep them as WAV and the SB will play them as such. Not bad!!

There are definitely 2 camps. One says rip everything into a harddrive and use a WiFi device, the other says physical media is better. Some people do like both. I like the idea of no Cds at all, but i don't know how practical that is right now. My wife loves Cds.