NAD T752 - no component out signal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NAD T752 - no component out signal

morsagmon
04-09-2004, 04:56 AM
All,

I'd like to connect the amp to my TV using the composite connetion (Y Cb Cr).

The TV guide says I must select DVD input in order to pick the component input.
I have connected the three cables to the component out in the amp.
I don't seem to get any signal there.
The only way I'm getting video signal on my TV is by using the S-video.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Mor

JimN
04-09-2004, 06:24 AM
All,

I'd like to connect the amp to my TV using the composite connetion (Y Cb Cr).

The TV guide says I must select DVD input in order to pick the component input.
I have connected the three cables to the component out in the amp.
I don't seem to get any signal there.
The only way I'm getting video signal on my TV is by using the S-video.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Mor

Are you selecting the correct input on the receiver? The routing of the component-video inputs is fixed: COMPONENT VIDEO IN 1 is routed to the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks when the DVD input is selected; COMPONENT VIDEO IN 2 is selected when the SAT input is active.

In order to see any signal at the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks, you need to have a device connected to one of the COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks via a component video cable, and have the correct input selected on the receiver.

You'll still need an S-video or composite video connection from the receiver (Monitor Out) to the TV, in order to view on-screen menus, etc.

I'm not familiar with your TV, but have you tried toggling through its various inputs? On my Philips set, S-video and Component video only appear as selectable inputs when there are connections present at their respective jacks.

morsagmon
04-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Hey Jim,

Thanks a lot. I was not aware that Composit IN is required in order to produce Composite OUT. I thought I could just enhance the video quality since my TV supports Composite.
Now I think I'll try maybe somethig else. I use composite from my Cables box into the receiver, and then on to the TV...

Many thanks!

Mor

JimN
04-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey Jim,

Thanks a lot. I was not aware that Composit IN is required in order to produce Composite OUT. I thought I could just enhance the video quality since my TV supports Composite.
Now I think I'll try maybe somethig else. I use composite from my Cables box into the receiver, and then on to the TV...

Many thanks!

Mor

You're welcome. Sounds like you understand what I'm saying, although you're mixing up the words "Component" and "Composite". A composite video connection is made via a single yellow RCA cable. A component video connection utilizes the three-headed (Y Cb Cr) cable.

You need to:

1) Connect the cable box's Component Video Out to the reciever's Component Video In 2.

2) Connect the receiver's Component Video Out to the television's Component Video In.

3) Make an audio connection from the cable box to the receiver. This can be done via an analog stereo connection (dual RCA), or if your cable box supports it, a digital connection (either Optical or Coax). If your using an analog stereo connection, then connect to the receiver's Satellite Input, as this is the input that you'll need to select when viewing cable TV. If you're using a digital connection (Optical or Coax), then you may need to go into the receiver's input settings and assign it to the Satellite Input. The receiver will probably assign it automatically, though.

4) Select the receiver's Satellite Input, and the correct input on your television. You should now be in business.

Good Luck!