My Bloody Valentine 3D BLURAY [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine 3D BLURAY

Robert-The-Rambler
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Well stricken with a bit of a cold and in the mood for a movie marathon I ran over to Bestbuy yesterday and picked up a bunch of Halloween themed movies to watch. I picked up My Bloody Valentine 3D without any expectations. I recently got a 120hz 42" LCD TV for my bedroom. It was a clearance Insignia model at Bestbuy that I bought for just $499. I fired up my PC and cranked up the "motionflow" 120hz interpolation to the max settings figuring it might help enhance the 3D impact. My TV is not 3D ready per say and my Cyberlink Powerdvd 8 software is not 3D compatible. You don't need the top of the line. So the beauty is that for $13 at Bestbuy you get a 3D movie with 4 sets of Anaglyph funny looking old school 3D glasses. Why not try it I thought? The Bluray 3D digital format requires special hardware where some movies like My Bloody Valentine don't need the added expense and still are a lot of fun.

For the first 15 minutes or so I had to let my eyes adjust as the colors had a strange hew but after that adjustment the movie was so immersive even with at times having a strange glow. I really enjoyed the experience even though the movie was mediocre at best. Hell there is a 5 minute scene where a stark naked blonde is running from the pick axe crazed miner. What could 3D do for the Adult film industry? At times I flinched when stuff flew out of the screen. Don't call me crazy but I saw Avatar in the theater in 3D and with this not costing anything extra in hardware I am totally impressed and look forward to more old school style 3D movies. I don't mind the whole Red/Cyan thing. At no extra cost it is a no brainer. I'm not investing in any other 3D format until there is not added cost and it is built into the display device without glasses. I can't wait to give other movies a chance. I'm so impressed with the low cost options we have for a great theater experience. I hope they make all Bluray 3D titles backward compatible with old school 3D for people who don't want to spend money for ever evolving specifications. The 3D market is so segmented it can confuse even folks in the know.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I hope they make all Bluray 3D titles backward compatible with old school 3D for people who don't want to spend money for ever evolving specifications. The 3D market is so segmented it can confuse even folks in the know.

Unfortunately this is not going to happen. The studios have pretty much given up on old anaglyph 3D in favor of full color HD 3D. The only time you are going to see the old style of 3D is if it has been previously encoded in anaglyph, and there are titles out there.

atomicAdam
11-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Dood - I opened this thinking you got some 3D concert of My Bloody Valentine - you know - the music group who did Loveless - one of the best albums ever made. Period.

Oh well... Good you enjoyed your big TV.

Robert-The-Rambler
11-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Dood - I opened this thinking you got some 3D concert of My Bloody Valentine - you know - the music group who did Loveless - one of the best albums ever made. Period.

Oh well... Good you enjoyed your big TV.

Thanks. It really aint too shabby especially for an Insignia. The other Insignia my family tried for the living room sucked and got returned so I'm glad I lucked out.