Hey Metalheads...Avenged Sevenfold? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Metalheads...Avenged Sevenfold?

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I'd never head of these guys until this summer when Mike Portnoy was touring with them. Still, I'd never actually heard them...until today because I recorded an HDNet concert last night.

Watching the concert is giving me a headache. Not because of the music, I'm actually quite liking it (although I wish the singer would sing more and scream less), but because of the camera work. The edits on this thing are so fast and frequent that my simple brain just can't process it that quickly. Plus the camera for the drummer must be attached to one of his drums. Everytime they show him the picture is vibrating and he's just a blur. It's really annoying me.

Okay music, crappy video edits.

Are any of you metalheads (Peabody, 3#, etc) familiar with these guys? What are your thoughts of them?

poppachubby
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Avenged are cool in my book, but I agree with you. There is such a thing as too much. Metalheads debate endlessly about this style of music as to whether it's metal or metalcore. It's a fruitless argument.

Personally I am much more of a Killswitch Engage type. The End of Heartache is IMO one of the best heavy LPs in the last 10 years. It's perfect from start to finish. And lot's of singing on it FA, he has a great voice.

Mr Peabody
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I've heard a couple songs I like but I really don't know much about them. I'll have to check some samples.

Any one heard the Texas Hippy Coalition?

ForeverAutumn
11-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Personally I am much more of a Killswitch Engage type. The End of Heartache is IMO one of the best heavy LPs in the last 10 years. It's perfect from start to finish. And lot's of singing on it FA, he has a great voice.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks. Killswitch Engage are another band that I've heard of but not heard.

I was listening to some Vanden Plas on the way into work this morning. Are you familiar with them? They're like a cross between Dream Theater and Ritual. Only with better songwriting and vocals than DT.

ForeverAutumn
11-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Any one heard the Texas Hippy Coalition?

I've never heard of them. Tell me about them.

Hey Mr. P, since I know you also watch HDNet, you may be interested to know that my cable provider is dropping HDNet next month. I am soooooo pissed!!! I have recorded so many great concerts from that channel (I also enjoy the Dan Rather documentaries). I called cable and sent them an email telling them that this was just one more reason to consider changing providers...but they don't care. Bastards! :mad5:

Finch Platte
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I've got a couple of their discs (AS) if you want me to send them along. Also have a couple by a band called Need To Breathe that I think you'll enjoy.

http://www.needtobreathe.net/

Mr Peabody
11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Losing HDNet would be a drag. That's really about the only music video I watch. Sometimes I even find myself watching Nothing But Trailers. :)

THC has a couple songs I like. They're just another heavy band but the singers voice along with their style makes them stand out a bit.

You should give In This Moment's, Beautiful Tradgedy a listen and tell me what you think. I think the female singer has to have a record breaking scream on one of the songs, it's so longI am shocked every time I hear it.