Mumford and Sons [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mumford and Sons

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2010, 07:10 AM
I've heard a couple of tunes by this band on our local alternative station (which really isn't very alternated but it's the best we've got). I am really digging the two tunes and will be ordering their CD this week. I was surprised to hear that they were from the UK, as one of their songs has a serious Eastern Canada sound a la Great Big Sea. Wikipedia describes them as Folk Rock.

They'll be in town here on Nov. 13. I'd like to go but the show is sold out. Besides we have a surprise birthday party that night and I'm the one who's supposed to made sure that the Birthday Girl arrives at her party. So I guess I'm not going to the show. Bummer.

Anyone else heard this band? Comment? Accolades? Criticisms?

Stone
11-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Really nice album from this year. Recommended.

I need to listen to that one again soon.

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks Stone.

They've played Lion Man three times since 9:00 this morning. I may be sick of it before I have a chance to order it. :(

Snowbunny
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Not much on this band.

I heard them on one of the late night shows promoting the new album, Babel, and like what I heard.

Any further comments from you and Stone one year later?

Anyone have Babel yet?

Snowie

ForeverAutumn
10-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey Snowie! It's actually two years later. Hard to believe...time flies.

Too much radio play on both commercial and satellite tired me of their sound prematurely. It's too bad because I really do like them. I haven't had the urge to order the new one.

Snowbunny
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey Girlfriend!

I do enjoy listening to the radio at work, but I never seem to catch who the artists are.

I kept hearing a song with initially was catchy, but eventually turned into an earworm - That's What Makes You Beautiful.

Imagine my horror when I realized it was the boy band, One Direction! :blush2:

Happy Turkey Day!

ForeverAutumn
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
LMAO! You're a brave woman to admit that here. :)

Happy Turkey Day to you too!