A Klipsch question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Klipsch question

Mr Peabody
10-31-2010, 02:03 PM
I am currently using a set of Klipsch Forte but have found a decent deal on a pair of Reference 63, any one know how these models would compare in sound quality?

I am liking the results of the Forte. They are very refined as compared to other Klipsch models, including the Heresy. I heard the 63's one time in a store and I liked what I heard but from that I can't make a comparison. The 63's look great. They are extremely deep which could cause an issue for some one like me who has to get behind them, a lot.

harley .guy07
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
I have heard the 63 and the forte but when i heard the 63's they were being powered by a integra receiver and they sounded good but I am not sure how they would compare. I really weren't too impressed by them in the shop I heard the 63's in but they did not have a clue how to set up speakers for the best results either, With proper setup they might be a good match for your CJ stuff.

Mr Peabody
10-31-2010, 07:09 PM
I went to the Klipsch website to refresh my memory on the specs and discovered the upper level Reference, including the 63, have been discontinued. I want to find out if anything will replace them and what is Klipsch up to.

I heard some where the Reference models with double digits were still made in U.S. Any idea if true?

rakeford
11-01-2010, 08:36 AM
I bought a pair of RF-7 a few years ago. They sound great- much better than my 36 year old Optimus 2B's. But that's not saying much.

Ajani
11-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I went to the Klipsch website to refresh my memory on the specs and discovered the upper level Reference, including the 63, have been discontinued. I want to find out if anything will replace them and what is Klipsch up to.

I heard some where the Reference models with double digits were still made in U.S. Any idea if true?

I'm pretty sure Klipsch recently introduced a new Reference line to replace the old one...

frenchmon
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Personally Peabody...I think you would have a more audiophile sound with the 63's. I would move the Fortes to the second system.

Mr Peabody
11-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I did find out from a dealer that a new RF63 is coming out, I suspect other RF models as well.