With this tool a child can build a speaker enclosure [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : With this tool a child can build a speaker enclosure

Poultrygeist
10-30-2010, 05:37 AM
The most difficult part of making any cabinet is joining the sides. You can get Home Depot to cut your plywood or MDF in the exact sizes you need but they sure ain't gonna put it together for you. With this incredible handy jig and a drill you can assemble all the sides of your enclosure in minutes. What better Christmas present could a man ask for?

And while you're at it ask your significant other for a pair of Fostex full range drivers to stick in the box you gonna make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnhMFNqRZ4

poppachubby
10-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Man that thing looks awesome.

Ajani
10-30-2010, 12:42 PM
That thing really does look easy to use...

harley .guy07
10-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I must say I am quite impressed by how this works. I have a background in carpentry from the past and to make a tool for the occasional carpenter to be able to get joints like that is quite helpful.

Poultrygeist
10-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I know a guy who built all his kitchen cabinets with the Kreg.

Feanor
10-31-2010, 03:44 AM
The most difficult part of making any cabinet is joining the sides. You can get Home Depot to cut your plywood or MDF in the exact sizes you need but they sure ain't gonna put it together for you. With this incredible handy jig and a drill you can assemble all the sides of your enclosure in minutes. What better Christmas present could a man ask for?

And while you're at it ask your significant other for a pair of Fostex full range drivers to stick in the box you gonna make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnhMFNqRZ4

Impressive, though the need to use special Kreg screw seems like a bit of a gotchya.

Poultrygeist
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
At Lowes the Kreg screws are about the same price as the same size standard screws.

Ajani
10-31-2010, 06:20 PM
At Lowes the Kreg screws are about the same price as the same size standard screws.

it would probably be an issue for persons living outside of North America... I suspect I'd have to order the Kreg Screws, which would be rather annoying... But if I was in the US, I think it would be a must have product for DIY projects...

Poultrygeist
11-01-2010, 05:28 AM
The generic name for this tool is a "pocket hole joiner jig" and it should be available in any country as well as the screws that it uses.