Hello there + experience with AR 40 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello there + experience with AR 40

tomba65
10-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Just to say hello and thanks to the staff of General Audio Forum :thumbsup: . Thanks for the possibility to be a part of this excellent forum. I am from Macedonia, Europe, and this is perfect place to get excellent experience and comments from you as here we do not have anything like this.
For the beginning I have one question, is anyone has some experience with speakers AR 40. I am waiting to receive them this days from a friend, and I am very exited what will I get. I've tried to find something on the web but nothing at all. One of the reasons is that those are old series of AR from the end of 80's I guess. Are they good speakers, their quality, Some technical data, actual price and other...
Thanks for now :)

Hyfi
10-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Hello and welcome. I have never owned the ARs but have heard them. There are many people over at AudioKarma that rave over most any AR series. What will you be driving them with?

poppachubby
10-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey tomba, and welcome. I have no info regarding the AR speakers, but I am curious about your gear. please share with us...

tomba65
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi there. This is what I drive:
Harman Kardon AVR 7550
Harman kardon HD 7625
Pioneer DVD 440
B&W 602
Waiting for AR 40
Cheers