What Remake Would Make you Declare War? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Remake Would Make you Declare War?

Worf101
10-22-2010, 08:14 AM
If the remake of "Psycho" didn't make you grab a gun.
If the T.V. Sequel to "Gone With the Wind" didn't make commit murder.
If the '70's gutting of "King Kong" didn't push you over the edge.

What remake would?

I personally say if any studio seeks to "remake" "The Godfather", either one or two (they can actually try to remake 3 if they'd like) then ahma gettin' a gun and goin' t war!!!! Leave that one alone. It's perfect, it's fine as it is,. It cannot be done any better... go the F**K away and find something else to screw up.

What's your take?

Worf

Geoffcin
10-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Forbidden Planet.

Altaira Morbius: Where have you been? I've beamed and beamed.
Robby: Sorry, miss. I was giving myself an oil-job.

Troy
10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Forbidden Planet.

Altaira Morbius: Where have you been? I've beamed and beamed.
Robby: Sorry, miss. I was giving myself an oil-job.

It was almost done in the 80s. Same crew that did Blade Runner- Syd Mead as production design, Ridley Scott directing. Personally, I think it coulda been awesome, in those very capable hands.

Touch of Evil / 2001 / Dr. Strangelove / North By Northwest / Harold and Maude, remakes of any of those would make my head unscrew.

Geoffcin
10-22-2010, 09:47 AM
That's so funny!

"Blade Runner" was my #2 movie I think they should NEVER remake!

"Rear Window" too.

dean_martin
10-22-2010, 10:06 AM
"Blue Velvet" - that's the one that popped into my head. I'm sure there are others like Texas Chainsaw Massacre . . . AARRGGHH!! Or, Halloween . . . UGGHH!!! Or, Nightmare on Elm Street . . . *&^%$#@!!!

On the flip side, I would've railed against the remakes of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead if I'd known what they were up to before the releases, but the Night remake kinda grew on me as a decent late-night flick and the Dawn remake was plain fun.

Yes, it's scary movie month and that's about all I've been thinkin' 'bout. Need a good marathon to get this outta my system.

Luvin Da Blues
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Can I have two entries?

1) Easy Rider
2) Midnight Express

These classics just wouldn't be the same w/o Fonda, Nicholson, Hopper and Davis IMO.

thekid
10-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Westerns;
High Noon
Shane

Sci-Fi
Blade Runner
2001 Space Odyssey

Drama
Deer Hunter
Sophie's Choice

Comedy
Anything by Monty Python or Woody Allen

Smokey
10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Can I have two entries?

1) Easy Rider
2) Midnight Express

Definintly agree, especially Midnight Express. That movie just burst with emotions that would be hard to replicate.

I would add Scarface and Good, Bad and Ugly to list also :)

poppachubby
10-24-2010, 03:30 AM
A Clockwork Orange and The Shining can never be trumped.

Can you picture anyone other than McDowell drinking milk with their Droogs? The studios would probably get Brad Pitt to fill the role, if we were lucky it might be Ewan McGregor.

Of course NOBODY could ever fill Nicholson's shoes in The Shining. Whatever misgiving King had about the script, the acting was top notch as "Jack" found the charater perfectly.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/shini1.jpg

JohnMichael
10-24-2010, 04:39 AM
"To Kill a Mocking Bird" should never be remade. I cannot imagine anyone portraying Atticus Finch as well as Gregory Peck did.

JohnMichael
10-24-2010, 05:47 AM
Oh and I never want to see Justin Bieber in the Broadway musical adaptation of Brokeback Mountain.

Worf101
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
A Clockwork Orange and The Shining can never be trumped.

Can you picture anyone other than McDowell drinking milk with their Droogs? The studios would probably get Brad Pitt to fill the role, if we were lucky it might be Ewan McGregor.

Of course NOBODY could ever fill Nicholson's shoes in The Shining. Whatever misgiving King had about the script, the acting was top notch as "Jack" found the charater perfectly.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/shini1.jpg
They did a remake of The Shining.... I think Stephen King did a TV miniseries remake.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

Gotta love IMDB.

Worf

Woochifer
10-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, I'm ready to go to war right now because Fox has already greenlit a remake of Commando (?!) What the f*** is up with that? This remake will fail for one simple reason -- you don't replace Ahnold!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/29/commando-remake-in-the-works-who-should-take-arnold-schwarzeneggers-role/

The original 1985 classic is at or near the top of my list of guilty pleasures. It's a testosterone fueled piece of cinematic cheese whose sole purpose is piling up dead bodies and belting out machismo one-liners. Who could ever forget that baddie getting impaled into a steam pipe and Arnie pontificating, "Let off some steam, Bennett!"?

I'm pissed that this masterpiece is getting desecrated with a remake. What are they gonna do? Make it a serious movie? I know there's a ballot initiative here in Cali to legalize marijuana, but what heretofore illegal substances are them studio execs puffing on?

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080502/Commando-Arnold_dl.jpg

Arnie on the Fox lot, looking for the exec that approved this tripe!!!!

cyto
11-27-2010, 03:49 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey

How could this be re-made without messing it up?

3LB
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh and I never want to see Justin Bieber in the Broadway musical adaptation of Brokeback Mountain.

liar

:biggrin5:

3LB
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM

you'll change your mind when you hear Justin Beiber and Zac Efron's tearful duet,

"All We'll Ever Have Is This Mountain" :sad:

however, I can do without the mash-up of Gene Autry and Aerosmith versions of

"Back In The Saddle Again" :out:

JohnMichael
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
you'll change your mind when you hear Justin Beiber and Zac Efron's tearful duet,

"All We'll Ever Have Is This Mountain" :sad:

however, I can do without the mash-up of Gene Autry and Aerosmith versions of

"Back In The Saddle Again" :out:

:biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5:

I tried to give you points for that one.