My latest purchase [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My latest purchase

Ajani
10-22-2010, 05:16 AM
So there I was still deciding on how best to recreate the 'live' experience in my listening room, when it dawned upon me that a passive pre and new speakers could never be as authentic as a real live band (well at least live anyway)... So here goes my live band... ummm... singer.... yeah.... whatever:

His name is Logan and he's a Belgian Malinois... I didn't bother to post my other pics since his ears are now erect, so I'll wait till I take some new pics... But this one was from almost a week ago....

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww. Puppies are sooooooo cute.

Congrats on the the woofer. Because he's just a puppy, does that make him a sub-woofer?

Hyfi
10-22-2010, 05:43 AM
How big do they get and what is the expected energy level?

We have been kicking around getting a dog but don't want a 140lb dog that wants to run all day.

Cute little guy tho.

Ajani
10-22-2010, 06:23 AM
How big do they get and what is the expected energy level?

We have been kicking around getting a dog but don't want a 140lb dog that wants to run all day.

Cute little guy tho.

They are one of four types Belgian Shepherd... So they have a similar size and appearance to a German Shepherd (the Malinois tends to be a little bit smaller though)... weight is about 55 - 70 lbs... They have a high energy level (generally used for police/military/protection work)... Easy to train though, but not recommended if you don't have time to give them some daily exercise...

Here's a nice pic of an adult:

http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/543/belgian_malinois1.jpg

A really good site for dog info is:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/belgianmalinois.htm

Ajani
10-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww. Puppies are sooooooo cute.

Congrats on the the woofer. Because he's just a puppy, does that make him a sub-woofer?

I think he might be more a mid woofer until his voice gets deeper.... His bark isn't going to shake any furniture just yet...

Ajani
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Logan at 7 weeks

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Ajani,
As a dog owner, lover and trainer, your dog is beautiful. I used to have a all black Belgian Malinois named Darnell who past away in September of 2009. He was a GREAT dog, and yes, he was very easy to train and was a great guard dog. Good luck with him, and if you need any training tips, I am at your service. I am a Cesar Milan certified behavioral psychologist and trainer. I will be getting my Dog Kennel of America certification in the next couple of months.

Ajani
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Ajani,
As a dog owner, lover and trainer, your dog is beautiful. I used to have a all black Belgian Malinois named Darnell who past away in September of 2009. He was a GREAT dog, and yes, he was very easy to train and was a great guard dog. Good luck with him, and if you need any training tips, I am at your service. I am a Cesar Milan certified behavioral psychologist and trainer. I will be getting my Dog Kennel of America certification in the next couple of months.

Thanks!

Even despite my like of experience training a dog (I've been around them all my life, but am only now attempting to train one) I can see how easy it is to train this breed (especially as he gets a little bit more mature)... At 8 weeks he responds readily to 'come' and 'sit' and I just started teaching him 'down' today and he seems to be picking it up quickly...

The biggest challenge is housebreaking, but that is clearly due to my lack of discipline in keeping a regular schedule for that....

Anyway, I look forward to him growing up... I'm one of the 'few' persons who prefer dogs to puppies...

GMichael
11-01-2010, 09:43 AM
What a great looking puppy. I'm sure you'll treasure him for many years. No upgrading please.
Tell him that I said, "woof, woof...... woof woof woof..... yelp, woof." He'll know.

Ajani
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
What a great looking puppy. I'm sure you'll treasure him for many years. No upgrading please.
Tell him that I said, "woof, woof...... woof woof woof..... yelp, woof." He'll know.

The joy of this particular non-audio hobby is that I have neither the need nor the desire to upgrade... Also I can watch my 'system' grow without upgrading components...

audio amateur
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
The joy of this particular non-audio hobby is that I have neither the need nor the desire to upgrade... Also I can watch my 'system' grow without upgrading components...
lol !

GMichael
11-01-2010, 11:22 AM
No need for a pixy dust dipped leash?

Ajani
11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
No need for a pixy dust dipped leash?

Nope... though I have seem some Jewelled leashes for sale (no idea why I'd want one though)...

GMichael
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Please don't dress him up is any of those silly dog outfits. Dogs have feelings too you know.

Ajani
11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Please don't dress him up is any of those silly dog outfits. Dogs have feelings too you know.

Speaking of terrible dog outfits:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/05/inappropriate-halloween-costumes_n_750503.html#s150454

I think anyone who dresses up their dog like that, needs to serve a prison sentence....

GMichael
11-01-2010, 12:33 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/05/inappropriate-halloween-costumes_n_750503.html#s150454

I think anyone who dresses up their dog like that, needs to serve a prison sentence....

And/or be made to wear the costumes themselves.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Thank you! Dog owners think this is cute, but dogs do not. Dogs do not know how to complain about something they don't like, but you can look at their body language and can tell they don't like it.

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM

That's just so wrong. I don't why people find this amusing.

Dogs are not children. They should not be dressed up. They should not be pushed around in doggie carraiges. They should not be carried in papooses. They should be allowed to walk on their own, and walk around naked. Maybe some boots in the winter for dogs whose paws are sensitive to salt, but that's it.

Feanor
11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Logan at 7 weeks

A dear puppy. I love the pic, thanks.

I have a soft spot for animals. Strange admission but I grieved more when my 11 year old Golden Retriever died unexpectedly a few years ago than when my mother died this year. Of course she was 91 and in rapidly failing health whereas the dog's death was a surprise.

Ajani
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
And/or be made to wear the costumes themselves.

I vote for "And"

Nothing like being sent to prison wearing a "sexy schoolgirl" outfit...

Ajani
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
That's just so wrong. I don't why people find this amusing.

Dogs are not children. They should not be dressed up. They should not be pushed around in doggie carraiges. They should not be carried in papooses. They should be allowed to walk on their own, and walk around naked. Maybe some boots in the winter for dogs whose paws are sensitive to salt, but that's it.

I'm seriously convinced that anyone who would dress up a dog in that particular getup must have mental problems... I've never looked at a dog and thought 'sexy'...

As for clothes in general; hell I wouldn't even wear them if I could get away with it, so no reason to torture my pets by making them wear clothes...

LeRoy
11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Logan at 7 weeks

He kinda reminds me of the Van Helsing wolfie from the movie of the same title.
In no time you new pup will start to exert his personality and thereby changing the owners
behavior. Good luck with the training..

LeRoy

Worf101
11-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Cute doggie... I was inches from being adopted at the shelter about a month ago... I've always wanted a dog, never was able to have one. I'll get one soon as I retire though.... Slightly off topic, that Costume link was hilarious. Number 31 is my personal fave, had me dying.

Worf

GMichael
11-02-2010, 05:08 AM
I vote for "And"

Nothing like being sent to prison wearing a "sexy schoolgirl" outfit...

"Hi Bubba. I'm new here. Like my dress?"

Poultrygeist
11-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Feanor,

Same with me. My mother pased one day and I had to put my Airedale down the next. The loss of my dale hit me harder as I was prepared for my mother's death.

Anji,

Love your dog. If you're even in S.C. bring him by for a romp with my doodle.