Well... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well...

Resident Loser
10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
...Howdy Doody y'all...not much to say, haven't been around...haven't been to the library in a dog's day...Mostly listening to my el cheapo MP3 player (less than $10 on sale at Sears) with my Senn PX-1 or Px-100 or whatever they are (but they are very accurate IMNSHO)...Hope all Is well out there in cyberland...See you next time the moon's phases and all that other tommyrot melds into the perfect quest for library knowledge...

Gotta' go, go, go...jimHJJ

P.S. I think I forgot my normal signout style...but remember this, WIRE IS WIRE!!!

GMichael
10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Who the h3ll are you!?

kexodusc
10-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow....that was like running into a ghost...

pixelthis
10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
...Howdy Doody y'all...not much to say, haven't been around...haven't been to the library in a dog's day...Mostly listening to my el cheapo MP3 player (less than $10 on sale at Sears) with my Senn PX-1 or Px-100 or whatever they are (but they are very accurate IMNSHO)...Hope all Is well out there in cyberland...See you next time the moon's phases and all that other tommyrot melds into the perfect quest for library knowledge...

P.S. I think I forgot my normal signout style...but remember this, WIRE IS WIRE!!!

WIRE IS WIRE???
Oh please god! Where have you been??? I HAVE BEEN up to my neck in
"audiophiles" who think an 1100 dollar power cord is a bargain!:1:
:

GMichael
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
WIRE IS WIRE???
:
He's gone dude. You won't see him again till tax season.

Feanor
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM

Good to hear from you, RL. :1:

E-Stat
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Where have you been???
They have either passed away (Woodman), gotten banned for bad behavior (mtrycrafts, Skeptic) or decided it wasn't worth wasting their time posting about that which they think makes no difference. Especially when the topic is outside their experience. On the other hand, you'll find many like minds over at alcoholics. That's where mtry is now the Overlord With Slippers (http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55935&page=3). :)

rw

E-Stat
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
...Howdy Doody y'all...
The Ghost of "Wire" Conversations of the Past arises again! You also used to do that parenthetical last thought thing at the end of your posts, too. Hope you've at least added to your music collection, Jim. As for me, I've moved to a network player for the garage system that gives me access to my entire digital library. Playing a random mix has helped me discover some old friends that I had forgotten. :)

rw

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM
These drive by's he does..........I wish he would just stay for cryin out loud!!!

Worf101
10-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Good way of puttin' it Sir T T... that was my first Audio Drive By... ohhh I'm beskewered.....

Worf

Hyfi
10-26-2010, 04:17 AM
WIRE IS WIRE???
:

While $1100 power cords may not be a bargain, after market cords do make a difference in many systems with certain gear.

On the other hand, all the audiophiles have been up to their necks with people who think $300 worth of gear sounds as good as $10k systems.

JSE
10-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Whoe! Was that? Naaaah......:shocked:

pixelthis
10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
While $1100 power cords may not be a bargain, after market cords do make a difference in many systems with certain gear.

On the other hand, all the audiophiles have been up to their necks with people who think $300 worth of gear sounds as good as $10k systems.

Pshaw! Don't be silly! Ever hear about the law of deee-min-ishing returns?
Rules everything, but in audio 300 bucks worth of P.O.S HTIB is about 50% of
ten grand of audio gear.
FIVE grand to ten grand (my range) will get you 90% there.
ONE HUNDRED GRAND puts you in the pantheon, no matter how butt stupid
you are about electronics you just about can't go wrong in this price range.
IFFEN YOU are gonna dis the 300 buck plastic radio crowd dis em right, don't even talk about ten grand systems, they too are actually rather modest.
Otherwise I WOULDNT HAVE ONE.:1:

Hyfi
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Pshaw! Don't be silly! Ever hear about the law of deee-min-ishing returns?
Rules everything, but in audio 300 bucks worth of P.O.S HTIB is about 50% of
ten grand of audio gear.
FIVE grand to ten grand (my range) will get you 90% there.
ONE HUNDRED GRAND puts you in the pantheon, no matter how butt stupid
you are about electronics you just about can't go wrong in this price range.
IFFEN YOU are gonna dis the 300 buck plastic radio crowd dis em right, don't even talk about ten grand systems, they too are actually rather modest.
Otherwise I WOULDNT HAVE ONE.:1:

Because you reply before you read, you took what I said out of context, again! I said $1100 power cords are not a bargain. Separate to that, I stated that after market power cables have been proven to help some components performance. Now, that could be a $50 Pangea cable, not an $1100 cable.

And you must be privy to some good HT in the box, because you will remain in a dream world if you think they sound half as good as a well put together set of components in just about any price range you want to pick.

I would love to have a system showdown with everyone here. Mine wouldn't win, out of many of the ones owned by our members, but it wouldn't fair too badly either. We would use an actual blind man whose sense of hearing is more acute to make up for it. (that would be the only real double blind test that is acceptable)

You really need to stop bashing decent gear just because it's out of your budget. If you had the money, you would indulge. You told us so yourself. I read Stereophile long before owning decent gear. I drooled over the $20k CD players knowing that I would never own one. I've heard many a $100K system when Soundex was still in business. Again, I will never own one and I would never say they were 100x better than what I have now, but I also wouldn't be going around suggesting that someone with the means buy a HTIB if they are looking for high fidelity.

I knew you were gonna come back at me on this, but that's half the fun.

Cheers, this pint is on me....