Bluray Reviews? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bluray Reviews?

L.J.
10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Before running out to purchase a BR, where's the first place you go to check reviews?

Who do you trust for movie PQ/SQ info, before purchasing?

audio amateur
10-20-2010, 01:35 AM
You buy movies based on SQ/PQ? Or are you asking because youll buy the DVD if the BR isnt great?

L.J.
10-20-2010, 08:23 AM
You buy movies based on SQ/PQ? Or are you asking because youll buy the DVD if the BR isnt great?

I like to get some type of thoughts before making a purchase. No, I'm not in the habit of purchasing BR simply based on specs. I really don't have time or $$$ for that. I may lean toward renting vs purchasing based on reviews though.

recoveryone
10-20-2010, 08:42 AM
for the few titles I have to date, have been movies that I have seen in theaters first. As for PQ & SQ I have not heard of any bad new releases, its the re-releases of older titles that may cover the spectrum of poor/ average / good and great. I'm waiting for the release of the Last Air Bender for my next purchase. I know there are some that are replacing full DVD collections, but with the ablilty of a BD player to upconvert on a 1080P TV IMHO I don't see the need to make that type of investment.

pixelthis
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
SIR TALKY used to do some reviews.
I WOULD READ the recommendations and then do the exact opposite .:1:

Tarheel_
10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
here ya go...i never purchase without reading a few reviews....you should know which version of the blu is the right one...ex. Predator (get the older version) and such.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html (check out the sort options)

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/ (look on the Left-most pane...site is too crowded,but the reviews are extensive..even shows screen shots comparing blu-ray 'vs' DVD version. This helps decide if a double-dip is worthy.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
SIR TALKY used to do some reviews.
I WOULD READ the recommendations and then do the exact opposite .:1:

I still do reviews.

You have obviously read my recommendations and done the opposite. I recommend purchasing quality equipment, you did the opposite. I recommended setting up that quality equipment properly, you did the opposite. Based on the views of your system, doing the opposite is something you do very well. I cannot see were reading about the PQ and SQ of any movie will do you any good anyway. It would never be realized on your system.

Woochifer
10-20-2010, 09:11 PM
My go-to review sites are dvdtalk.com, highdefdigest.com, and thedigitalbits.com.

canuckle
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
The best site:

Blu-Ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/)

pixelthis
10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I still do reviews.

You have obviously read my recommendations and done the opposite. I recommend purchasing quality equipment, you did the opposite. I recommended setting up that quality equipment properly, you did the opposite. Based on the views of your system, doing the opposite is something you do very well. I cannot see were reading about the PQ and SQ of any movie will do you any good anyway. It would never be realized on your system.

And as long as I keep doing the exact opposite of what you say I WILL CONTINUE TO DO WELL, especially on BLU reviews.:1: