CoCo Wheats? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CoCo Wheats?

ForeverAutumn
10-17-2010, 01:31 PM
This question is for my American friends. I have a recipe that I want to make that calls for CoCo Wheats. We don't have such a thing here in the great white north. Any suggestions on what I can use to replace this in the recipe?

Is this like oatmeal, or more like Cream of Wheat?

JohnMichael
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
This question is for my American friends. I have a recipe that I want to make that calls for CoCo Wheats. We don't have such a thing here in the great white north. Any suggestions on what I can use to replace this in the recipe?

Is this like oatmeal, or more like Cream of Wheat?

No idea but would you like me to ship you a box?

ForeverAutumn
10-17-2010, 05:07 PM
No idea but would you like me to ship you a box?

Thanks John, that's a very sweet offer. I think I figured it out. A little more research on recipe sites and it seems that it's very similar to Cream of Wheat. I used Cream of Wheat and added some extra cocoa to the recipe. It seems to have worked but I can't be sure until tomorrow as the recipe has to be frozen.

I'm also wondering whether I should have cooked it first. The recipe didn't specify. Hmmmmm.

dakatabg
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Make sure you post a pic when you are done baking them

ForeverAutumn
10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Make sure you post a pic when you are done baking them

It won't be much of a pic. Just round brown balls. I'm making vegan truffles. No, I'm not a vegan, I'm just trying to eat healthier. They're made from almonds, dates, cocoa, honey and coco wheats...or in my case, cream of wheat. There's actually no baking involved. You just roll them and freeze them.