Saw some stars last night. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Saw some stars last night.

Worf101
10-17-2010, 07:36 AM
On Friday afternoon, my good friend Sugi (www.Spectrum8.com) owner of the only REAL movie theatre in town told me on a whim that Robert Osborne of Turner Classic Movies along with his good friend Alec (Don't call me fatso) Baldwin were going to be in nearby North Adams Mass, giving a retrospective on Billy Wilder the following night. I didn't think I had much of a chance but I called up anyway. After 20 hours on hold (well at least 2 I know) I finally got through to the box office and scored the last to tix. If was festival seating so it didn't matter.

In case you didn't know, puddin' has a serious crush on Mr. Osbourne. I think it's a Marcus Welby type thing, cuddly grey haired ole man and all that. So after an hours drive we found ourselved sandwiched into chairs some 40 feet from Mister Osborne and Baldwin. Older, crowd with some serious groupies in it but very respectful. Learn a lot about the rise and fall of Billy Wilder. Didn't hang around for the meet and greet, not one for fawning but I was able to meet and shake hands with Brian Dennehy, the great barrell chested character acter of stage and screen. All in all it was a magical night.

Worf

PS Alec Baldwin is one funny guy!

Mr Peabody
10-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow, Worfster, very cool.

dean_martin
10-18-2010, 09:56 AM
geez, Worf! Congrats on getting the tip and especially on being able to act on it. Old crumudgeons are supposed to blow it off while mumbling something like, "I don't have time for that sh*t" or "who do those hollywood-types think they are?"

PS - I know you're not the typical crumudgeon.

Worf101
10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah it was kinda funny actually. I NEVER have gone out of my way to meet celebrities before. I certainly have never PAID for the privilege but this was nice. As a card carrying chapter President and Grand Pamjandrum of the Crusty Crumudgeon Club I know I didn't do my reputation any favors by going to this thing, but I had a good time and I also put money in my "okay honey I screwed up" account. Alll married men have them and between this and sending puddin' to "Oprahpalooza" in New York City earlier this year, I'm in the black for a good long while!!!!

Worf

dean_martin
10-22-2010, 12:36 PM
If I could ask Alec Baldwin one question, it would be, "What does it take to sell real estate?"

Mr Peabody
10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't know Worf, sometimes those ladies have short memories when it comes to our "good deed" accounts :) Hopefully you got a picture or souvenir you can fall back on as a memory jogger :)

thekid
10-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool night.
My kids love those Turner Movie Classics and probably would have been on me to get tix if that was anywhere in our neck of the woods.