I want your opinions on definitive technology? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I want your opinions on definitive technology?

lowkey37
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
What amps do u use with them? Do you like or dislike there sound? ect....

Eric Z
04-09-2004, 08:43 AM
I have a Def Tech PS80 subwoofer and love it. I currently have a basic older Sony Receiver (internal amp) and the sub sounds great- especially for the price of $260. I am looking into some Def Tech bookshelf speakers and so far the auditions sounded great.

chimera128
04-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I have the following Definitive Technology speakers:

BP7000SCs (2) [fronts]
BP10Bs (2) [rear surrounds]
Promonitor100s wired through ProSub 100TL [rear center]
And a C/L/R 3000 for center channel duty.

The receiver I am currently using to power them is a Denon AVR-3803. It is rated at 110 watts by 7 channels. I am very pleased with the sound that they put out. Everything from treble to midrange to the house shaking bass is clear and defined. 110 watts is more than enough to power the speakers as they are efficient. (89 db for promonitors, 91 db for the BP10Bs and 92 db for the c/l/r 3000 and BP7000SCs). Next year I plan on looking into getting higher power separates. As with all speakers though you should audition anything else before you buy them. So far all people who have heard my speakers have asked me where they can buy them. Btw... for those who may have noticed, i was unable to get the BP30s and Richard Gray Power components. House appliances and other "necessities" took precedence. Ah well... gives me something to look forward to next year!!! =)