something's screwy with the forum? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : something's screwy with the forum?

Poultrygeist
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I post a reply and it doesn't show up?

It's also been giving a message that you must wait between posts and it shows this even when it's the first post:crazy: ????

atomicAdam
10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Database had a melt down - we are on back up - i'll report the issue to IT.

-adam

ForeverAutumn
10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I post a reply and it doesn't show up?

It's also been giving a message that you must wait between posts and it shows this even when it's the first post:crazy: ????

I've been getting that double post message for over a month now. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. It's not consistent.

thekid
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah this morning the Forum section would not come up on my computer. I could to every other site on her but not the Forum site.

atomicAdam
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes - the forums database (separate from the rest of the site) - had a pretty big melt down this morning. We are sorry about that. IT went to back and just recently went back to the primary server.

When you get a double post it is/was probably because of load balancer testing. These sometimes become out of sync with the database. But the idea, if they are working properly, is that they should speed up site speed because they cache most of the pages people visit. If something is changed on the page by the time a new visitor views that page, the load balancer should only call the database/server for the new piece of info. yadda yadda yadda.

Anyways - implementation has been a bit difficult. But we are trying to improve the site performance.

Thanks for your understanding - hopefully it will all be worked out soon.

-adam

3LB
10-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I've been getting those warnings for over a month myself, but attributed it to my cellphone and its Java based navigator. I've tried to post stuff only to have it time out or give me errors... anyhoo. Its like that on other websites too.

Glen B
10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I've encountered assorted problems the past couple of days, with the "wait 30 seconds between posts" message, new threads and replies not appearing, and images and text missing from posts. Yesterday I had to delete two new posts because they were incomplete. Just got the "wait 30 seconds" message again when trying to post this.

atomicAdam
10-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I've encountered assorted problems the past couple of days, with the "wait 30 seconds between posts" message, new threads and replies not appearing, and images and text missing from posts. Yesterday I had to delete two new posts because they were incomplete. Just got the "wait 30 seconds" message again when trying to post this.

Glen thanks for the heads up. I know we had some mal written code in the system but it wasn't on the forum servers. I'll send a message along to IT to let them know.

Anyone else having issues with FORUM - GALLERY - CLASSIFIEDS - the past couple days?

Thanks,
-adam

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm still getting the wait 30 seconds between posts message. Been going on for months now.

Edit: I got that message while posting this post. Ironic, yes?

budgetaudio76
10-29-2010, 09:22 PM
im still getting them...lets see if it doesnt do that still? ill keep posted.

yep still screwy.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I had two posts disappear. I saw them on Saturday, and Sunday they were gone. I am so confused.......

vlad008
11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I had two posts disappear. I saw them on Saturday, and Sunday they were gone. I am so confused.......

I'm asking our IT if we had any database hickups - we did shut off caching sunday night for some Mac user issues - ... but...

STtT - just to be clear - were these post in anyway going to offend someone?

And can you give me link to thread they were in? Thanks,
-adam

11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm asking our IT if we had any database hickups - we did shut off caching sunday night for some Mac user issues - ... but...

STtT - just to be clear - were these post in anyway going to offend someone?

And can you give me link to thread they were in? Thanks,
-adam

Adam, I seriously doubt anyone would have been offended, the post was about my experience and did not involve anyone here.

It was in John Michael Princess Boy thread.

JohnMichael
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Adam, I seriously doubt anyone would have been offended, the post was about my experience and did not involve anyone here.

It was in John Michael Princess Boy thread.

I was interested in reading it.

dakatabg
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I have been trying and finally I got to the forum! Again I am getting the annoying -

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later"

11-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I have been trying and finally I got to the forum! Again I am getting the annoying -

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later"

We are all getting it at one time or another. This cannot be helping site traffic on Audioreview. Adam says they are fixing it, so I think we should just all hang in there!

atomicAdam
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I just upped the server load - hopefully that will help and IT might bring the database Saturday morning about 2am to do some work to increase speed/stability.

I'm very sorry for the load issues - we are working on it.

Hey at least the spam is gone, right?

atomicAdam
11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Anyone having this issue?

"Hey, for the last 3 to 4 days I have trying to post in existing threads and even tried to start a new thread but the error message is always the same....that I have followed the wrong thread. "

-adam