Krell back with CD playback. JM.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Krell back with CD playback. JM....

Mr Peabody
10-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Krell is back with a $2,500.00 CDP and for another $2k you can add playback of the flurrishing DVD format. Krell adds digital inputs to this unit and it comes in at a nice price to be a Krell. Matches your integrated JM.

http://www.krellonline.com/S350a.html

JohnMichael
10-01-2010, 09:51 PM
If I was going to spend that much money on anything it would be a return trip to Paris. I miss Paris everyday. On the other hand I still love my Marantz SA8001. I am very happy with my current sonics.

Feanor
10-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Weird: a CD + DVD player. Why? Much more useful (to me and lots of others) would be a Blu-ray + SACD, (i.e. universal), player.

I will never by another stand-alone CDP. I listen to all CDs via computer today, usually CDs ripped to computer files. I might consider a <$1000 SACD player, but never the weird Krell combination.

Mr Peabody
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
JM, I know you love the 8001 but if this 350 is anything like Krell's past players it will take your system to a whole new level. The Krell CDP connected via XLR to the Krell integrated is a dynamite combo and the way Krell was meant to be heard. It's like individually the pieces may work with other gear if you are lucky but together is the synergy that puts Krell's message together.

Feanor, not sure what you mean by weird. i can see how people may get the wrong impression from Krell with using just a piece in a system but you haven't heard Krell unless you've heard a Krell system. Then you may not like it but it's what Krell is.

I know this is an old story but I had an Arcam Alpha 9 and a Krell 300i, both good pieces but together lacked something. When I replaced the Alpha 9 with a Krell 250cd everything came together. And it really wasn't that the 9 was not as good it was more the 250cd sonically matched to put the Krell presentation together. JM even if you never buy one I hope some day you get to hear one with your amp. I am assuming though, have you ever heard a total Krell system?

JohnMichael
10-05-2010, 08:29 AM
If I do decide to spend $2500 on a piece of audio equipment it would be for the VPI Classic turntable. As soon as my new solid maple rack is made and delivered I may need to decide how pretty the Classic will look on the top shelf.

frenchmon
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
If I do decide to spend $2500 on a piece of audio equipment it would be for the VPI Classic turntable. As soon as my new solid maple rack is made and delivered I may need to decide how pretty the Classic will look on the top shelf.

Im with you on that one....and of course you gotta take pictures of that new rack.

frenchmon

JohnMichael
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Of course it is tough to think about spending money on new equipment when this site keeps running an ad for the Louvre Forum. That is where I stayed in Paris and can not wait to get back.

Poultrygeist
10-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Never heard a Krell amp but I would hope they sound at lot better than the sterile Classe I recently unloaded on ebay.