Nigerian Money Scam Hits New Low... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Money Scam Hits New Low...

Worf101
10-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Over the years I've gotten every variaion of the ole Nigerian Money Scam that can be imagined. I've been contacted by desperate money launderers from Morroco to Mars... but I never expected one from the U.S. Marine Corps.

My name is Captain Matthew Stamford of the US Marine corps stationed in Kabul,
Afghanistan, I found some money stashed in a couple of barrels while on patrol
($2,000,000.00) I need someone to help me move it to a safer place, please have
it in mind that there is no danger involved. You may contact me on
mattsplay147@yahoo.com.hk<mailto:mattsplay147@yahoo.com.hk> so that I can
provide you with details.

Please do not click on the link!!!!

This folks, is some sad chit...

Worf

recoveryone
10-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Ditto, using my beloved Corps in such a manner. The killer part is that some greedy knucklehead will fall for it and get burned, then call NBC Dateline to do another story about this scam.

GMichael
10-01-2010, 07:24 AM
OH NO! I clicked! :blush2:

What now?

Hyfi
10-01-2010, 07:41 AM
OH NO! I clicked! :blush2:

What now?

Your rich beyond your wildest dreams......or broke!

GMichael
10-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Your rich beyond your wildest dreams......or broke!
I think that my computer is melting.:shocked:

dakatabg
10-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I get so many of those mails but they go directly to my scam box! Not only from Nigeria, from all over the world. The one with the UK lottery was very common!

ForeverAutumn
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM
My favourite was one that actually looked like it came from the FBI. It had the logo and everything. So, I promptly reported it to the FBI. I hope they caught the bastard.

dakatabg
10-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Here is one of them in my spam box!!!

ENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
LEICESTER CURRENCY
CHEQUE/DRAFT DEPARTMENT
TELEGRAM: FBNFOREX

I am Dr. Tony Frank, Director allocation department from the Central Bank of Nigeria.My office monitors and controls the affairs of all banks and Financial institutions in Nigeria concerned with foreign claim payments. I am the final signatory to any transfer or remittance of huge funds moving within banks both on the local and international levels in line with foreign claim settlements. I have before me list of funds, which could not be transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been identified either as ghost accounts,unclaimed deposits or over-invoiced sum. 0n this note, I wish to have a deal with you as regards to an unpaid fund. I have a file before me and the data's are correct and un-tampered. As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits, I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions I received two days ago from the Foreign Debts reconc!
iliation dept to submit the List.

My conditions:

1. The sum of USD$25.7M only will be transfer into your account after the proccessing of all relevant legal documents with your name as the bonfide beneficary,the transfer will be made by Draft or telegraphic Transfer (T/T), confirmable in 3 working days.

2. This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will be strictly by email / telephone, for security purposes.

3. There should be no third parties as most problem associated with your fund release are caused by your agents or representative.

4. Note that after the successful completion of this transaction,you and I will have a fair share of the fund in the ratio of 50:50.If you AGREE with my conditions, l advise you on what to do immediately and the transfer will commence without delay as I will proceed to fix your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the three days mandate.

1. Your Full Name:..........................
2. Current Address:........................
3. Direct Phone:..............................
4 Cell Number:..............................
5 Occupations:................................
6. Age:..........................................
7. Sex.........................................
8. Country....................................
9. Company:...................................

I hope you don't reject this offer and have this funds transferred.

Waiting for your reply

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Tony Frank,
Director Allocation Department
(Central Bank of Nigeria)
drtonyfrank2@yahoo.co.jp

WOW I have over 200 spam in the box! I must be the richest person in the world if I collect all the money they want to transfer me :)