Combining Home Theater Receiver and 2 Channel Int Amp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Combining Home Theater Receiver and 2 Channel Int Amp

Pepperg73
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I currently have a modest 5.1 home theater setup. My preference has been to focus more on 2 channel audio. I have a pair of Sonus Faber Toy bookshelfs for my fronts, and I know my Marantz SR4002 receiver isn't doing them justice. I'm leaning towards going with a Peachtree Nova in the long run, but have been itching to get something in the interim. So I just purchased a used Jolida hybrid 1501RC integrated amp. My plan was to sell the Marantz, lose the center/rear speakers, and go 2 channel with my sub. However I'm getting pushback from the family and they want to keep the surround sound. Soooo.... how do I set this up? I have pre-outs on my receiver, but the Jolida doesn't have a home theater bypass mode. I've heard Niles has some intersting switches that may work, but I'm concerned about losing audio quality. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Josh
------------------------
Jolida JD1501RC
Marantz SR4002
Sonus Faber Toy bookshelfs
Elan THP1200SW sub
Mirage Center
Polk Rear's

Hyfi
09-29-2010, 02:28 PM
send the pre out for the fronts of the HT to an input of the Jolida. When watching movies, set the Jolida to that input, adjust and mark the volume. The HT volume will control the whole thing.

I currently run something similar. I set my main pre volume to 12oclock and then use the HTs IQ to setup all the channels.

Good luck, I think you will be happy to have both a modest HT and a great sounding Stereo.