Guest room HT [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Guest room HT

recoveryone
09-25-2010, 02:02 PM
With my 3rd child off to college, I took the opportunity to clean her room (major undertaking) and use all of my spare AV gear to setup an upstairs media room. I like this ideal for it gives me another option to watch movies or even better, a place to do some critical listening to music without going downstairs:

AV Gear:

AVR:..........Pioneer VSX D510
CD.............Pioneer PD-DM802 (12 disc changer)
DVD...........Sony PlayStation 2
Game sys...Sony PlayStation 2
TV..............20" JVC CRT AV 20D304 with S-video, composit and Component inputs
DAR...........Slim Device/Logitech Squeezebox 3 Classic

Speakers:
Center..........Polk CSR (picked up off ebay for $29.00)
Fronts..........Pioneer HT sat set
Rears...........Pioneer HT sat set
Sub..............Optimus Passive 12"

The Polk center was the missing link that sealed it all together. I replace her bed with a futon, so she still has a place to sleep when she comes home to visit, but I find myself using the room more and more each day even though I have the 32" HD LCD in my bedroom. I guess just being able to sit up and not lying down makes a better experience. Down the road I hope to move my 32" LCD 720p in here and get another one, 1080p for my bedroom and replace the playstation 2 with the 3 for blu ray use upstairs. The room is small, approx 10 by 12 and the viewing distance is only 6'-7', so the 32" will look as big as the 55" downstairs.

blackraven
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Very nice set up. How does your daughter feel about what you did to her room.? I think that my daughter would disown me, LOL.

recoveryone
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Very nice set up. How does your daughter feel about what you did to her room.? I think that my daughter would disown me, LOL.

There was some tense days leading up to the time she was leaving for the dorms, but after coming home last weekend she was fine. I think she like the part that I cleaned her room really well, after years of hearing me complain about her letting a suicide bomber come into her room all the time.
:idea: