what month do 2011 TV models come out? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what month do 2011 TV models come out?

lomarica
09-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Am planning on finally taking the plunge this year but want to know when the new models come out. Specifically I am after a Mits 65" dlp or 65" lcd or plasma. Haven't decided yet.

Any comments on the best set also appreciated. I have built in cabinetry so I really don't care how deep the tv is. One concern with the dlp is reliability as I really do not want to pay for any extended warranty. Are the new dlp's any more reliable now?

thanks

Smokey
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
What month do 2011 TV models come out?

Around May/June of 2011 :)

Usually most TV manufactures anounce their new TV line up in CES show at the beginning of year, and expected to hit the stores around late spring. So most new TV models for this year should be out by now.

I would reconsider Dlp TVs. They seem to be more trouble than worth.

pixelthis
09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Around May/June of 2011 :)

Usually most TV manufactures anounce their new TV line up in CES show at the beginning of year, and expected to hit the stores around late spring. So most new TV models for this year should be out by now.

I would reconsider Dlp TVs. They seem to be more trouble than worth.

Thats true, but the beautiful 60" pic for 1299$ is as tempting as the devil. You would have
to pay extra for the extended warrenty, but heck, that picture looks good.
And the 80" with leds and three chips...GOD.:1:

pixelthis
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Am planning on finally taking the plunge this year but want to know when the new models come out. Specifically I am after a Mits 65" dlp or 65" lcd or plasma. Haven't decided yet.

Any comments on the best set also appreciated. I have built in cabinetry so I really don't care how deep the tv is. One concern with the dlp is reliability as I really do not want to pay for any extended warranty. Are the new dlp's any more reliable now?

thanks

January would be the best time, right after the holidays. SOMETIMES BLACK FRI IS A GOOD TIME ASLO, IF you want to risk your life in the crowds.:1: