hi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hi

nat0aus
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
hey, glad to join this community. im only just beginning to appreciate sound like it should be appreciated xD. i joined because im planning to get some quality speakers for when i begin univeristy soon and im looking for some advice on that.

cheers

dakatabg
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello nat0aus,

to get you going first you have to tell us what your receiver/amplifier is so we can suggest you something that will go for it and will sound good!

GMichael
09-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Welcome to AR.

A budget would help. Otherwise the people here will try to get you to buy $20,000 worth of speakers. Ha... Just joking, but a budget would still help.

nat0aus
09-17-2010, 08:53 AM
thanks for the replies, yes i didn't really give that much information because i didn't know if this was the right forum to discuss getting new speakers and i didn't want to sound demanding. anyway, i'll be staying on campus when im in uni so it will be a small room. im not rich, and do not have a job, so you can guess my budget :) if not.. anything below $800 AUD. concering the amp/ receiver, i own a sony one, i will check what model it is and post shortly.. but its designed for a cheap home theatre setup (dvd/cd/am/fm etc), and came as part of a bundle (front LR, rear LR, sub, centre), which i use atm (yes it sucks badly lol). i would not mind getting a new amp to replace it.. cos im guessing its not that great haha.

manlystanley
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Welcome!!

SHIFTY23
09-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome

I'm also an audio lover here in Oz, except we don't have the same range of products as in USA. Where abouts in australia are you might be able recommend you some places to look?

nat0aus
09-22-2010, 03:07 AM
I am in Toowoomba, QLD, 1hr 30min drive west of brisbane. That would be great if you could recommend some shops that I could browse.

SHIFTY23
09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Ok well im about hour south of sydney. Places can check round here are

www.eastwoodhifi.com.au

and canberra based one is good for recievers is
www.mirandahifi.com

tell us what you think of them